Software Engineer 3, QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0037591 Subsidiary eBay
This is a challenging, highly technical full stack Quality Engineering role requiring analytical, innovative thinkers who can build cutting edge testing technologies and use next-generation automation techniques to successfully certify and automate eBay’s core marketplace platform: a global, distributed component architecture serving 100+ million visits a week which is one of the largest eCommerce platforms in the world. You will work in the Identity Product Development team, testing products involving user services, on-boarding flows, multi-factor authentication, and account recovery among other areas.
Detailed job duties:
- Write automation testing in Java, Junit, Selenium and other internal Java-based automation frameworks for Frontend, SOA/Services and messaging components
- Contribute to developing sophisticated, stable, internal Java automation frameworks increasing efficiency, re-usability and flexibility supporting a 100+ person QA organization.
- Help develop and enhance eBay’s continuous integration framework, merging build/compile/test/validate processes with scheduling, automated notifications and graduated build deployments
- Work with engineers, team leads, managers to help developing innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles
- Influence development and architecture counterparts to design for testability
- Mentor and train other engineers, lead larger projects, prioritize test activities and find creative solutions to blocking issues and problems
- Master’s degree in CS, EE or other technical field 3 years working experience, or bachelor’s with 5 years working experience
- Experience developing and/or testing Soap/XML/Rest & Java/JUnit and java based applications required
- Experience of continuous integration test environments (like Hudson) and automation frameworks like Selenium/WebDriver/TestNG
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, being able to read and write SQL queries
- Planning skills to design test plans and test cases for larger multi-component products across multiple resources and parallel development tracks
- Quality Assurance background, including JUnit/Code Coverage (Emma)/Mock concepts/Static Analysis is appreciated
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, operations, release management
- Experience in Agile Testing practices is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: