Senior Product ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0037602 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe.
We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help craft the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
The Data Infrastructure organization charter is to build and operate online and streaming data systems for all of eBay. We provide technologies that include relational, non-relational datastores, caching infrastructure, and data frameworks. Our internal customer teams depend on this infrastructure to build eBay scale applications that engage buyers and sellers.
We are looking for a hardworking Product Manager to grow the world-class capabilities of our data infrastructure systems.
As a Product Manager, You will:
- Drive product development from concept to launch and operate in a fast-paced setting.
- Engage senior management to align on product vision, strategy, and execution plan.
- Define and track product success metrics.
- Prioritize customer, partner asks into releases; deliver using Agile methodology
- Responsible for all product collateral and communications - documentation, announcements, brown-bag and office-hour sessions
- Engage continuously with customers to ensure their success.
- Build and manage Capex, Opex budgets.
- Have a natural bias for getting things done, decompose complex problems into a product delivery sequence.
- When faced with problems in a high pressure setting, remain level-headed and forge ahead.
- Have a passion for data driven decision-making while dealing with ambiguity.
- Collaborate extremely well with colleagues from diverse functional expertise, different organization levels, and multiple geographic locations.
- Bridge business and technical needs very well; strong conceptual problem solver to articulate opportunities and solutions.
- Work hands-on with engineering and operations to deliver product features that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years’ experience delivering software products as an engineer.
- 10+ years’ experience in delivering complex software product releases from ideation, preferably as a Product Manager.
- Proficient in internet standards & technologies, data standards e.g. HTTP, RPC, JSON/Avro, SQL/query languages, Streaming, Relational and NewSQL Databases, Data Frameworks
- Good understanding of distributed computing systems.
- Product management experience delivering Cloud native SaaS products with a growing customer base.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: