Manager, Data ScienceBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0037869
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to influence how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We seek people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We are looking for an outstanding leader who wants to build scalable, business critical systems. Our retail standards data science team uses machine learning models to:
- Detect and prevent frauds and scams to build a trusted marketplace
- Assess marketplace trust and reliability
- Block messages that could lead to fraud in real-time
- Predict and prevent bad buyer and seller experiences
- You will lead a team of data scientists charged with improving eBay's trust science
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and product teams to develop strategic and tactical improvements to our shipping and trust platforms
- Design and implement end to end solutions using machine learning and AI, improving efficiency and user experience for buyers and sellers
- Work with data scientists, engineers, and cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions
- Drive a culture of quality, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Support the professional growth of your team through mentoring, coaching, and technical leadership
- At least five years of industry experience in machine learning, statistical modeling and coding
- Deep understanding of machine learning methods and evaluation methods. Graduate degree preferred
- Proven experience leading data science teams
- Proficiency in SQL as well as Hadoop, Spark, or related technologies
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: