Dir, Marketplace Risk & Trust AnalyticsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0037955 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you'll be proud to be a part of!
Reporting to eBay's Senior Director of Analytics & Insights, this leader will be responsible for the eBay’s Risk and Trust Analytics function end-to-end. You will lead a team focused on partnering with the Risk and Trust Organization to understand and oversee Buyer Risk, Seller Risk, and Trust globally for eBay Marketplaces. This includes leading innovations in areas such as fraud, abuse, bad buyer experience, seller non-performance, and credit. This role is responsible for driving insights over a multi-year management strategy in close collaboration with our Finance and Marketplace Risk and Trust teams.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, with demonstrated strong professional performance. You will display a real hunger for understanding customer behavior. This understanding will lead to insights that will drive impact to key initiatives across buyer and seller lifecycle events, and also lead to achieving our stated goals. We require someone who thinks strategically, is highly analytical, drives structure and rigor into organizations, and works well in a dynamic environment. We are looking for a seasoned professional who drives hard, can handle controversy, and makes decisions firmly and objectively.
What you’ll do
- Vision: Collaborate with the leadership team to refine and grow our overall focus and build supporting infrastructure using a data driven approach.
- Execution: Help to identify what we should do, when, and what success looks like. Deliver on time, high quality solutions.
- Thought Leadership: You understand the Risk and Trust management landscape globally and partner with regional leads to understand their market and business needs to define a focused strategy and align priorities.
- Science: In each area, you will ensure we are bringing the latest data science tools to bear on our toughest problems and be able to separate signal from noise, as early as possible.
- Lead by example: You will be deeply invested in seeking the truth with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action. You'll effectively mentor young talent to new heights.
What you’ll need
- Ability to succinctly communicate ideas, recommend, both orally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences, as well as outstanding listening and presentation skills.
- 10+ years of experience in providing deep insights motivated by data and analytics to a business function; Expertise in Risk and Trust analytics strongly preferred.
- 5+ years experience in leading teams focused on analytics and data science.
- Risk and Trust Management Capabilities: Understand marketplace dynamics. Can develop and execute a multi-year analytics strategy; which addresses risk at the transaction, account, and portfolio levels. Can develop methods to understand and improve Trust on the platform. Deliver best-in-class loss rates using appropriate levers to regulate Risk, while minimizing customer friction points. Deliver best-in-class NPS using appropriate levers to regulate Trust on the platform.
- Manage the efficient frontier: Employ a ‘customer first’ and end-to-end approach to measure and improve the customer experience.
- Lead the Global Risk and Trust Analytics team
- Analyze and deliver insights in support of eBay’s business objectives. Ensure insights are consistent with the company's appetite to deliver on core financial targets
- Measure and monitor a portfolio of Risk and Trust capabilities and loss-reducing levers. These levers include: Seller standards, Service Metrics, Holds, Limits, Reserves, Automatic Payment Methods, as well as new levers that will need to be identified and developed
- Analyze and provide insights on losses from eBay’s Money Back Guarantee program, and optimize trade-offs between loss management and GMV enablement.
- Build and scale eBay's capabilities on Buyer Risk Management Analytics and insights in service of standing up our new Managed Payments platform.
- Analyze and provide insights on key Trust levers, as well as closely partner with partners in continuous improvement of customer Trust on the platform.
- Estimate impact of projects on future losses in partnership with Policy and other business leaders to meet targets
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: