GCX Portfolio Tools & Reporting MgrDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0038071 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is seeking a talented Portfolio Tools and Reporting Manager with a strong technical and operational background who can manage a small team of developers for the portfolio management tool within Global Customer Experience (GCX).
The Portfolio Tools and Reporting Manager will report to the Senior Leader for Global Initiatives & Planning. He / She will help maximize the capabilities of the portfolio tool that is used by the GCX organization for portfolio/project management and resource/capacity planning. This will include providing SME and strategic thought leadership on the future design of the tool, work cross functionally with stakeholders to gather requirements and assess impact, and manage the deployment of tool changes.
The successful candidate will have a strong leadership presence, relevant tools and reporting experience and be able to influence and work with cross functional teams Global Customer Experience (GCX) organization.
- Tool Process Management & Development
- Maximize the capabilities of the CAPPM planning/resource/project management tool in support of the GCX E2E portfolio and project management processes
- Provide SME and strategic thought leadership on the future design of the tool
- Design, deploy, and perform ongoing governance and optimization of the E2E system process flows
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders to gather tool requirements, assess impact to different functions and user groups
- Manage implementation of tool changes from design to roll out including UAT and training
- Reporting Management
- Ensure consistency in reports across GCX functions to manage demand and capacity and portfolio management
- Create reports and dashboard (i.e. Power BI) and deliver users training
- Support ad hoc reporting requests
- Systems Administration
- Own overall systems stability, integrations and maintenance (e.g. system upgrade planning and scheduling, and related communication and training)
- Vendor relationship management (Broadcom), licensing and renewals
- Proactively manage stakeholder expectations and communicate progress, effective decision-making, and leadership / oversight for issue resolution in a matrix management organization.
- Synthesize information from multiple sources and use it for effective decision-making
- Continuously improve service and results for our people and the business, operating with a cross functional and global lens
- Develop effective plans to meet both short and longer term goals
- Make sound decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations, including when under pressure
- Demonstrated track record of performance and leading complex change for the business
- 8+ years professional related work experience and hands on tools administration and reporting creation experience desired
- 3+ years leadership experience in a large, cross functional organization
- Excellent organizational change management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership capabilities are essential
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Ability to lead in a large, complex and diverse global organization and partner well with peers
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Strong customer service orientation; strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Experience with senior leadership and ability to deliver summary updates, reports and presentations
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills
Location & Travel:
- Position is based in Salt Lake City or Dublin Ireland
- Travel requirements will vary with assignments (mainly Salt Lake City, occasional international). Expect 5 – 10% travel.
Education: Bachelors Degree, or equivalent
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: