Sr. Unified Communications EngineerSan Jose, California
Scottsdale, Arizona Requisition Number R0038264 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and flawless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
We’re looking for a Unified Communications and Collaboration specialist with superior skills and a passion for using technology to connect and empower people worldwide. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Collaboration Platforms, you’ll be responsible for designing and building the highly available AV/VC and collaboration environment that lets employees communicate and collaborate easily and intuitively across functional and geographic boundaries.
The ideal candidate will have a keen sense for industry trends and emerging technologies that will improve employee productivity and satisfaction, as well as the ability to work across boundaries to deliver results.
You’ll need a working knowledge of a broad set of communication technologies including room and desktop video conferencing, Zoom Meetings, Zoom Phone, audio/visual equipment, and Polycom and Zoom video conferencing room infrastructure.
The operational side of the job includes systems configuration and documentation, software installation and upgrades, technical user support and troubleshooting, hardware builds and standards definition, new feature implementation, and system performance measurement and tuning.
- 10+ years of experience with Windows or Unix systems administration, including server builds, applying security standard methodologies, and the planning and large-scale deployment of hardware and applications.
- 10+ years of video and voice conferencing infrastructure experience handling and deploying solutions such as Polycom RMX, RMS, RPAD, and DMA or equivalent Cisco solutions (Unified Call Manager, VCS Control, VCS Express, TMS, TPS, and TCS).
- 8+ years deploying and supporting web conferencing and messaging solutions (WebEx, Skype for Business, Zoom, Jabber, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- 5+ years supporting Polycom video conferencing codecs or similar full-room visual communication technology and related hardware.
- 5+ years deploying and supporting VOIP solutions or recent Zoom Phone deployment experience.
- 5+ years supporting Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, or Slack.
- Microsoft Office 365 and G-Suite administration experience desired.
- Experience deploying and supporting video streaming infrastructure (VBrick, Ravnur, MS Stream, LiveStream or similar) required.
- Deep understanding of collaboration protocols and standards such as TCP, UDP, SIP, SCCP, QoS, H.323, G.711, H.264 and SVC.
- Proficiency with solving AV/VC problems that flow through load balancers such as BigIP F5, CheckPoint firewalls and Cisco networking equipment.
- Experience supporting room technology such as Extron and Crestron product lines including Fusion.
- Ability to establish and follow policies and change procedures for infrastructure administration, and follow standard methodologies for enterprise monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Work with key business users to understand the business requirements and potential collaboration solutions within the current architecture.
- Proactively identify potential production issue and recommend and implement solutions.
- Work on daily ticket submittals to tier 3 from end users for support and resolution.
- Act as the critical issue point for all lower level support issues and be able to perform support and follow through to resolution for local issues affecting the business.
- Drive projects and be a representative for the global AV/VC team for local support.
- Assess and perform systems utilization and headroom reports to assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Create and maintain detailed systems documentation and post to shares for team information sharing
- Experience in a user-focused technical-support environment with 5,000 or more end users.
- Ability to perform 7x24 on-call duty on a rotational basis with other team members.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management.
- Ability to think logically and analyze application and business process requirements.
- Shown leadership qualities with strong procedural and architectural documentation skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, and run multiple tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Self-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: