Senior Market Research ManagerSan Francisco, California
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0038456
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help craft the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and flawless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay seeks to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
eBay is looking for an experienced insight leader with a strong market research and consultation background. As a Senior Research Manager, you will drive global studies across multiple areas of the business and partner with senior leaders across the company to seek sophisticated business problems. This position will require strong analytical and strategic acumen, the ability to distill meaningful insights from large amounts of data, and the skill to convey compelling stories for eBay’s senior leadership team. This individual is a key hire within a growing team and will be responsible for crafting and implementing a series of research initiatives to generate insights and drive actions that will directly impact eBay’s business and its customers.
- Lead global and sophisticated studies end-to-end to answer eBay’s most critical business questions. This includes prioritization, crafting, executing and delivering results
- Apply the right analytic approaches to complex business problems to build compelling, insightful storylines that illuminate opportunities and threats to driving brand and business growth
- Author executive level reports and make informed recommendations to key stakeholders and influencers that lead to action
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative studies that provide mentorship on how to prioritize and win with customers in key market segments
- Leverage eBay’s transnational data systems to connect external views of buyers and sellers with internal views to identify causal relationships between what customers say and do
- Build strong relationships with a diverse set of cross-functional business partners to understand their challenges and priorities, define research roadmap, and drive actions through insight delivery
- 7-10 years of related work experience in market research and/or customer insights role
- Proven track record for defining and managing large scale, global research programs (qualitative and quantitative)
- Strong background in segmentation, value proposition development, brand positioning & messaging research, campaign development & measurement
- Proven track record to distill impacted insights from sophisticated data and explain findings to clients in a digestible and compelling manner
- Strong verbal communication skills and experience with senior level client presentations and meetings
- Collaborative approach that allows you to work across a global organization to build a plan, get alignment, and execute it
- Ability to operate independently and build out new programs, frameworks and best practice approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree in market research, statistics, economics or related field. Advanced Degree highly desirable
About the Position:
- The position is a full-time role within the Global Customer Research & Insights organization
- Location is flexible for the right individual and may require occasional travel to the San Francisco bay area and/or other locations as needed
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: