Software Engineer 3, QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038994 Subsidiary eBay
Software Engineer, Quality in Data
Primary Job Responsibilities:
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer in Quality, who can contribute in the role of Quality Engineering emphasis in Data Matrix and Attribution. You will be working on the Ads and Merchandising Team in delivering best in class experiences to our customers. This position requires the candidate to collaborate with folks in other disciplines, specifically Product Management, Product Development but also with Analytics and Business. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter and team player, and a strong driver for results and continuous improvement. Responsibilities include own quality engineering for assigned product features. The strategy would first identify key aspects from a test perspective and then answer questions like how, when and where these key aspects will be applied (automation, scripts, manual).
- Define overall test strategy for assigned features
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects
- Understands simple data structures
- Advanced DB querying skills
- Ability to design new local processes and tools
- Ability to integrate with code and processes written by other teams
- Works with multiple tools outside of internal team
- Develop deep understanding of the product, engineering processes, tools and concepts in order to effectively narrow down defects. Ability to not only find a defect but also to narrow it down to the root cause
- Document defects effectively and work with Development team to triage and troubleshoot defects
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption
- Identify project risks, dependencies and be able to provide alternatives yielding reduced risk
Looking for a customer-focused, resourceful, detail-oriented, adaptable, and flexible individual. The ideal candidate will have solid technical background especially in statistics and ability to provide technical leadership. Your background will include successful collaboration in cross-functional teams to deliver products of excellent quality which achieve the business goals. You must be a proactive and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
In addition, you must possess:
- Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle, including agile methodologies
- Strong knowledge of data mining and machine learning
- Strong knowledge of basic Business Intelligence
- Strong knowledge how to uses Business Intelligence tools
- Python experience, Linux would be good
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time with good quality
- Demonstrates an exceptional customer focus, ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the real needs and uses of the end users
BSCS or MSCS, BSS(BS in Statistics) or equivalent is required.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: