Senior AnalystAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0039128
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Cost of Payments Finance team partners closely with Payments BU to financially quantify, forecast, and report Cost of Payments as it is the most expensive line item on the Payments P&L. The team conducts extensive analysis to generate insights and help our Payments team to function operate and execute better to meet their business goals.
Selected person will be a trusted partner to the Payments BU, Product and DSS teams as well as regional Finance teams – we are looking for a mix of business leader, finance & analytics manager, and Payments expert.
This person will be responsible for:
- Developing end to end analytical and Financial view on everything related to Cost of Payments
- Developing monthly forecast and prepare required materials for sharing with all stake-holders
- Develop a good understanding of Interchange and Scheme Fees using 3rd party information sources (Fees published by Card Networks)
- Work with multiple teams to ensure data is reconciled end to end
- Conducting analytical deep dives to understand key drivers of performance and forecast expectations
- Helping stakeholders in finance & accounting organization in financial bookings
- Preparing & communicating actionable business metrics with callouts for recommendations & risks that are easily consumed by business partners & non-technical audience
- Working cross-functionally with multiple organizations (business, finance, analytics & accounting) to summarize information required for Cost of Payments bookings
- A very good grasp of business needs and priorities, quantitative aptitude, problem- solving and comprehending complex, technical analyses.
- Ability to question, justify & rationalize decisions.
- This person must have a proven track record of end to end analytics - problem definition, collating the required information, analyzing the results, synthesizing and presenting a compelling argument, and influencing stakeholders to act.
- Ability to up-level analyses and test results for executive consumption.
- Strong partnership-building skills - the ability to work across multiple teams – analytics, business, finance, and accounting.
- SQL, Advanced Excel, and Intermediate Powerpoint skills are a must
- Prior forecasting or performance analysis experience is a huge plus
- Hive/Spark SQL experience is a plus
- Ability and desire to learn new data tools and analytical skills.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: