Manager, Business AnalyticsBengaluru, India Requisition Number R0039025 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, connecting people with the things they need and love virtually anytime, anywhere. eBay has over 170 million active buyers globally and more than 1 Billion live individual and merchant listings at any given time. Tailored shopping experiences, including eBay Fashion and eBay Motors, customize buying and selling; and eBay provides variety and choice for sellers by enabling them to offer goods through online, mobile, and local channels to consumers around the world.
eBay Analytics Overview:
At eBay, we are continually developing insights at a scale and speed to better our customer's experience and this space provides an outstanding environment within the Analytics organization for opportunities for gathering, compiling, analyzing, and scaling a large volume of Big Data to support the world's largest internet marketplace. They are some pretty large numbers, ones that make our challenges exciting and rewarding to solve. We are looking to identify and cultivate careers for those who want to share a seat at the table. This requires a hands-on approach. If this is you, what are you waiting for – apply today!
India Analytic Centre: IAC in Bangalore is the largest global analytics center of excellence for eBay outside its San Jose, CA headquarters. The center has diverse functions and teams ranging from Analytics and Reporting Excellence teams on Buyer Experience, Managed Marketplaces (Trust), Seller & Verticals, Business Performance, Cross-Border trade, Mobile Commerce and Global Financial Planning. Each team is responsible for enabling data-driven business decisions and generating business insights and recommendations by analyzing this data.
We are currently looking for an Analytics Manager (Individual Contributor) to join us. The role is both data-intensive and people-intensive, and hence the successful candidates should demonstrate strong inter-personal skills, and be extremely comfortable working with large sets of data to derive business insights. Offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, and be able to work collaboratively with multiple teams, located in different geographies.
As a manager-level member of IAC, qualified candidates will also assume leadership responsibilities for departmental activities/responsibilities, including:
- Advise, guide, and counseling contract staff and other team members as and when needed to ensure full team alignment and compliance with eBay Marketplaces policies and procedures.
- Identifying, recruiting, hiring, developing, and coordinating direct and possibly indirect reports.
- Ensure that the overall team meets or exceeds assigned goals, objectives, performance metrics, and other targets.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Build a close partnership with the business and product teams to Innovate, identify, and Explore new analytics and operational opportunities.
- Identify, quantify, prioritize, test, launch, and supervise improvements in business initiatives, marketing programs, website experience or policy changes.
- Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic ability and demonstrate sound decision-making skills
- BTech/BE/BS/BA degree (ideally in a quantitative field such in Engineering, Statistics, Applied Econometrics, Math, Physics, Computer Science, other related Core Sciences or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience in analytics and exposure to multifaceted functions within analytics/finance OR Master’s degree in similar field/MBA and 3+ years of experience in analytics and exposure to varied functions within analytics/finance
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint skills and database query skills (e.g., Teradata SQL, SparkSQL); and an understanding of data warehouse architecture, impacting large domain/business unit results and partner relationships
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive/Python/R/R Shiny and Tableau, ideally in web analytics or at a leading management consulting, financial services, or marketing company.
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a business partner to senior executives in a business unit within an organization, with confirmed results and exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytic impact
- Effective project leader who understands business problems and current business trends, responsible for improving financial and business performance.
There will be travel to US or Europe offices of eBay 1-2 times a year is required as part of the role. eBay is very supportive and works collaboratively with its employees’ to help manage work-life balance. Compensation includes fixed salary, bonus, and restricted stock units. In addition, there are numerous other benefits from medical, life insurance relocation allowance, flexible work Schedule, too much more. Apply today!
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: