Sr. Mgr - Ads AnalyticsSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0039482 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader. We connect millions of buyers and Sellers around the world, empowering people and crafting opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, CA, our company’s ambition is for the world to shop first on eBay because we offer the best choice and most relevance driven by the world’s most powerful selling platform.
The Ads Analytics team is part of eBay’s Finance and Analytics group and works directly in partnership with our Ads team to help bring eBay’s vision to life. This role is for a team member who will focus on the special projects for NA Ads Analytics, and explore new and exciting ways to improve the Ads experience, evolve our existing business practices and grow our business.
What the roles offer you: You will
- Work directly with senior leaders who run our Ads initiatives and be their analytics partner
- Get direct exposure to the NA finance and analytics leadership team through quality work
- Be an analytics leader and influence a cross-functional team
- Gain in depth experience in working in a very fast paced, dynamic eCommerce setting
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving abilities, and help understand a sophisticated and fast moving business
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with flexibility, positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Ability to do the task right the first time and avoid time-wasted due to multiple iterations
- Able to absorb new technologies and features quickly. Have an explorer’s attitude
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive issues and tasks to completion
- Build trusted relationships at all levels across the organization
- Demonstrate ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Good Business IQ …. should be able to connect the dots between what the numbers say and what is happening in the business
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Analytics, Engineering, Statistics or other related fields
- 6-8 years of prior analytics or similarly quantitative experience
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written. The role comes with high visibility to leadership on both the business and finance sides, and being able to communicate with a diverse audience is imperative
- Proven analytics skills a must and include the following:
- Strong SQL, Excel and data visualization capabilities
- Excellent capability to build tools, reports and models that provide insights and a fanatical desire to automate them is key
- Basic statistics, A/B testing, regression analysis or similar statistical tools
- Capable of adapting to changing situations and prioritizing tasks as necessary
- Experience in business process optimization
- An advanced degree (M.S., MBA, or similar) is highly desirable.
- Prior consulting, product, eCommerce or retail experience is highly preferable
- Comfort and some experience with the following is highly advantageous:
- Familiarity with some statistical tools like R/Matlab/SAS/etc.
- Knowledge of some programming in Python, R, VBA or similar
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: