Global Collections ManagerAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0039447
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have an important impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
Our team oversees all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
In this role you will improve collection strategy by collaborating with various key partners. Your overall goal will be to reduce bad debt and collection expense. We are looking for someone who thrives in highly cross functional role. Someone that can lead by driving overall performance. This Manager will collaborate with Billing, Risk, Finance Analytics and the Business (BU) in building upstream drivers and downstream controls. In addition, you will communicate trending, headwinds, tailwinds and forecasting future loss.
If you have excellent operational focus, the ability to thrive in a dynamic and demanding environment. Demonstrate a track record of breakdown processes, look for immediate opportunities on and a vision for future needs. Have a high level of intellectual curiosity and the skills needed to develop effective relationships with internal and external partners, we believe you may be the right fit.
- A global mind-set and ability to work effectively with people and teams from various cultures and time zones
- Build and maintain tried relationships with OCA’s, BU's, and other internal partners
- Provide collection expertise to build and execute collection strategy
- Highly skilled in handling multiple work streams and projects with a fine eye for detail, quality, and deadlines
- Reduce loss on assigned portfolios, meet and exceed established collection targets
- Present results, risks and opportunities as well as demonstrate execution on loss reduction initiatives to BU's and Global Collection leaders
- Experience with leading external vendors and driving performance
- 5-7 years of collection and/or vendor management experience
- You'll need strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to create, present and influence
- Strong organizational skills while possessing a well-adapted approach to working in a highly targeted environment. Self-motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, ebay systems Agent Desktop, Billing Tool and Tableau
- Ability to build professional working relationships with co-workers and peers
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: