Technical Project ManagerDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0039361
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
About the Company:
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? At eBay, your work makes a difference.
About the Team:
The Customer Service Technology (CS Tech) Team is responsible for Product Management, Engineering and Technology Planning & Programs that empowers our Customer Service experience. From the site help and contact functionality to the tools our agents use for supporting our customers to the phone on the desk, we work to ensure that eBay’s service technology is leading the industry.
eBay is looking for a Technical Project Manager to drive the execution and optimization of the tools our teammates use to deliver world class customer service.
This role is ideal for candidates who can manage projects at all stages, from concept to development, testing and beyond. You must be comfortable both with beginning from scratch before much definition of the project to jumping in midstream and taking the helm to drive efficiency and productivity. The CS Tech organization tackles hundreds of projects a year, and our Technical Project Managers must be agile, both in methodology and thinking, able to manage all sorts of projects across multiple technologies.
It is essential that you have a tenacious, can do attitude where you’re willing and able to “connect the dots” and help lead the team to success.
- Lead the project management activities for end-to-end delivery in close collaboration with the product, tech and business teams
- Prioritize and track the progress of the project/portfolio against key objectives and results while monitoring progress during the iteration and proactively managing risks / blockers / impediments
- Build and use critical PjM artifacts such as RACI charts, Gantt, budget tools, etc. to lead and communicate key information about your projects
- Drive successful Agile ceremonies including: release planning, stand ups, demos, retrospectives, Scrum of Scrums, etc.
- Lead critical product launches from inception to delivery and support post launch
- Effectively communicate status to various stakeholders including key senior leadership
- Design, facilitate and lead various workshops with various stakeholders
- Assess existing Agile and PM processes, structures and work continuously to improve them
- Enjoy operational precision and detailed program management, but understands the broader strategic context of the business
- Work with external/third party technology suppliers and managing those relationships toward a successful outcome
- Work well with others from diverse backgrounds and be able to work with flexible working hours across the globe
- 4 or more years’ experience in a Project Management or related Agile role (Scrum Master, etc) delivering complex scalable distributed systems in a matrixed organization
- PMPP, Scrum Certification, solid understanding and experience with Agile methodologies
- BS/BA in computer science, business, engineering and/or significant experience working for organizations that build/manage technology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Project Management tools, Internet technologies, etc.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: