Product Lead - Risk OperationsSan Jose, California
Draper, Utah Requisition Number R0039627 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay, we believe in being part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating a bold and versatile work environment. As an integral member of the growing eBay Payments organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness - you will make a significant and positive contribution that will impact millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking to take your career to the next level, this is the place for you!
Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well – and we are hiring curious, driven, and courageous specialists to transform our business unit to enable eBay's next generation Payments strategy. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. The scope of our charter includes Risk Management Strategy, Product, Policy, Decision Sciences, and Policy Operations.
We are looking for a driven, senior product manager to staff a niche role that will be at the intersection of Risk Operations and Product. This unique role blends product thinking with Risk and fraud operations and bridges our frontline Risk operations team and Product/Engineering and rest of eBay. Think of this as a hands-on product ninja who is familiar with cybersecurity threat vectors, is great at evangelizing and influencing risk-related product thinking with other teams. Reporting to the Director of Risk/Fraud Product Management, you will be part of the Data and Fraud prevention efforts across eBay to keep our customers safe.
What will this person do:
- Coordinate incident response for fraud attacks by working with and being an integral part of a cross-functional team across Risk Operations, Business teams, Product and Engineering and global infosec teams. You will be the connective tissue and will join the Ops team when these incidents occur.
- Act as an evangelist by distilling takeaways from incident responses into risk controls on product areas within and outside the Risk product team. Closing this feedback loop is critical and requires understanding of systemic product controls vs band-aid fixes.
- Bootstrap, evangelize and run a risk assessment process for the Risk Product team to evaluate impact to our loss and fraud metrics by product releases across eBay. Every product release across eBay will need to be reviewed for Risk and Compliance controls.
- Partner with Global Information Security teams to understand emerging threats, data breaches, and other fraud vectors and bring a unique perspective on these to the Risk Product and Ops teams.
- Attend industry events for the cybersecurity space and be well-connected and abreast of trends
- Evangelize a Risk-first mentality and be a subject matter expert for the overall Payments/Risk product team
- Partner with global communications teams on incident response communication
Role Requirements :
- 5+ years of Product Management experience with expertise in Risk, Payments or e-Commerce
- 5+ years of experience in cybersecurity, account security, chargebacks, credit-card fraud, phishing, account takeovers, identity theft space.
- Candidate should be extremely comfortable with technology, SQL on Hadoop, Teradata, data manipulation, pattern recognition and bringing technology to bear on these problems
- Bachelor’s degree in the high tech space preferred
- Flexible working hours to accommodate incident responses including some weekends
- Demonstrated ability in an evangelism role and prior experience in influencing large organizations to adopt a risk-first approach
- Prior publication and industry certification experience in this domain a huge plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment using a data and an analytical approach.
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects across cross-functional, distributed teams and multiple client groups
- Experience with product development lifecycle, process flows and working in an agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a leadership audience (Directors, VP and above) and level up/down content situationally is essential to the role
- Standout colleague with empathy for our customers (both internal and external) and desire to understand their needs, wants and concerns
- Self-starter with the ability to present/assert/pursue independent ideas and drive them to execution with minimal mentorship; think strategically and execute tactically
Successful Product Managers at eBay:
- Understand eBay's unique value proposition
- Are obsessed with improving the customer’s experience on the eBay platform
- Are passionate and self-motivated
- Are not afraid to get hands on and do whatever is necessary to ensure successful outcome
- Are result focused- you can articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: