SOX ManagerAustin, Texas
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0039379
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, and you can help influence the future of global commerce? Want to understand how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to build a results-oriented and inclusive environment, join eBay.
SOX PMO Overview: The SOX PMO is tasked with the Company's global compliance with the provisions of Section 404 of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 ("SOX"), and ultimately, supporting management’s certification that our internal control environment is operating effectively. The team works closely with key partners across eBay and corporate functions globally, including our technology organizations. In addition to oversight of the global SOX program, the team also supports the business by driving and/or participating in key operational excellence initiatives and drives improving of internal controls. The SOX program is run out of the company’s Internal Audit department.
Job Description: The SOX Process and Controls Manager will be accountable for understanding the business environment where it relates to eBay's corporate functions, Marketplaces, Stubhub and others, coordinating management scoping and controls testing, providing controls guidance of process changes and evaluating controls deficiencies. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated individual and a self-starter with a strong work ethic and should take ownership of project and tasks assigned. He or she should have strong project management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills and be able to dig deeps into details as well as the big picture. Additional key qualities include process-oriented thinking, ability to work and influence others, and ability to lead and affect process change and improvements. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills spanning across all levels of management. Lastly, candidates must enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment that is energetic, driven and team-oriented. Responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance to process and control owners on the identification, documentation and testing of business controls;
- Perform the annual risk assessment, materiality determination and development of detailed testing plans;
- Coordinate and facilitate the SOX Audit (working with the partners including, but not limited to external auditor and business owners);
- Work with process owners to ensure timely review and updates to process documentation and controls for new and/or existing processes;
- Coordinate with process and control owners globally to remediate identified exceptions;
- Partner closely with SOX IT team, our external auditors, and controls / compliance team members within different business units globally;
- Identify and recommend business, entity level and/or application controls to the business;
- Evaluate control deficiencies in accordance with the Company's framework for evaluating controls exceptions and deficiencies;
- Lead co-sourcing partner's testers;
- Assist with preparing reports and presentations on the status of the compliance process for partners including, but not limited to process and control owners, senior management, executive management (CAO, CFO and CEO) and Audit Committee.
- Train new or existing process and control owners on the internal control compliance process, including testing and performing of self-assessments;
- Stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g. PCAOB guidance, SEC, etc.);
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices around internal controls;
- Assist with special projects (such as process improvements, operational excellence and system implementations).
- BA/BS in Business, Finance or related field
- Minimum of eight years of audit experience performing financial audit and/or SOX compliance with a strong background in internal controls
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and knowledge of legal, regulatory and industry requirements.
- Proficient command of English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Understanding of online ecommerce
- Strong financial process knowledge, accounting technical skills a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: