Security SWE - Flexible U.S. LocationsSan Jose, California
New York, New York
Draper, Utah Requisition Number R0039982 Subsidiary eBay
**eBay is looking for Software Security Engineers, location may be flexible in U.S.**
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We are looking for a highly motivated software security engineer to join eBay’s Global Information Security team to tackle the problems of tomorrow while continuing to build and secure the foundation of today.
About this role:
You would partner with software development, engineering and product teams regularly, helping to drive and improve Application Security automation processes.
- Design and deploy bot mitigation solutions for critical business flows
- Develop and deploy security verification tools and products to reduce security risk
- Develop and support new online solutions for fraud detection and mitigation solutions for improving overall security posture
- Partner with Software Development, Engineering and Product teams to support their security needs
- Partner with Risk and Trust teams to identify security and fraud related patterns
- Triage and drive remediation of security vulnerabilities through the organizations
- Help refine Information Security processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain security utilities and metrics dashboards to help track/report on compliance
- Evaluate software security products and technologies, as required
- BSCS degree or an MS degree with appropriate years of experience; We prefer 4-8 years.
- Good understanding of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities as it relates to secure product development
- Experience on developing secure REST-ful API-s is required, with proven experience on security components for authentication, authorization and audit ability
- About 5 years of related hands-on product development experience with web applications is required; some experience in application security space will be nice-to-have.
- Strong development experience in Java and Node.js, and familiarity with databases (MongoDB or Hadoop) is required. Knowledge of other technologies like PHP, Python, Content management systems is a plus.
- Working experience with product development teams in a continuous delivery developer role is highly desirable.
- Should be able to deep dive into existing code to detect and remediate security flaws.
- Self-starter and Effective communicator;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with a highly motivated team of top level security specialists
- Upbeat, with a deep passion/interest for information security, application security and related subject areas
- Good Team-player
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.