Senior Analytics Architect (m/w/d)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0042152
Founded in 1996, mobile.de reinvented the way of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new.
As a driver of change for growth and innovation, we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially-minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. Germany's largest online vehicle marketplace, with curiosity and drive at our hearts!
You will be joining or BusinessInsightsTeam and work together with a variety of partners from Analytics, Product & Tech, Data Warehouse and Business Teams who strive to make the online buying and selling processes for our users even more convenient and smoother.
The Business Insights team is a highly motivated, diverse and skilled team with different backgrounds from technology to business analysis. We are driven to bring the different data needs and sources of the company together to derive meaningful insights and recommendations for our company success!
This is an opportunity to work in a new role of a Senior Analytics Architect (f/m/d) who consults and enables the Business Insights team (and their partners) to efficiently and effectively conduct analyses and build self-service tools on the right data in the right infrastructure
- Assemble and understand the requirements of Business Analysts and other data users and translate them into companywide aligned data access layers to enable all relevant team members to access the data in a fast and easy way.
- Enforce a strong connection between Product & Tech, Data (Warehouse) and Business Insights teams in order to streamline new and existing projects from data ingestion over storage to data analysis & visualization.
- Decide together with data and analytics teams on data / analytics strategy, initiatives, and prioritization and create a fluid, end-to-end vision for how data will flow through our organization.
- Oversee self-service reporting environment and strategy. Select the right technology and standards, consult and enable Business Insights & DWH Team to build required dashboards, analyses and reports.
- Educate, train and support users to empower them to use data and tools in the best way for insights generation and decision making.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in a data architect, data engineer, data modeling or similar role with business sense.
- Creative problem solver who approaches high-level data challenges with a clear eye on what is important and employ the right approaches / methods to fulfill the requirements of your various partners.
- Effective communicator who carefully listens to management, analysts, engineers and relevant staff to come up with the best data design, explaining complex concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Advanced data industry knowledge and understands how data is collected, analyzed and utilized.
- Experience with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Thoughtspot or similar. Advanced background in data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization (e.g. Star Schema, Data Vault).
- Your programming and tool skills include SQL, Hive, Spark, Scala, Python, C/C++ Java, shell scripting.
- Experience with Big Query, Redshift, Exasol or other analytical (in memory) solutions, worked with Hadoop and NoSQL databases.
- Predictive modeling, NLP / text analysis or machine learning experience is a plus as well as knowledge of cloud and on-premise data technologies and tools.
What do we offer?
mobile.de offers a compelling growth environment for everybody in our team. We display a strong entrepreneurial and innovative spirit with a passion for ecommerce. Company benefits include:
- An excellent campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft-skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest Mac Book Pro, Notebook, PC you name it
- Unique sabbatical & parental leave benefits
- Local play paired with international opportunities
- People & culture at our hearts
This allows us to create movements: We move the business for our customers. We move people. We move ourselves. That’s us. Our drive.Ourmotivation.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.