Software Engineer 3, QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0013684 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Checkout - Order Management team at eBay is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team in the role of Senior Quality Engineer. We are looking for people with a strong background in automated testing and test strategy/critical thinking.
Role and Responsibilities will include:
- Creating automation test suites using Selenium/WebDriver/TestNg for Web UI and/or REST/SOAP APIs which emphasize maintainability, including common libraries, data driven testing, UI-independent testing, etc.
- Actively participating in the software development lifecycle (scope, design, implement, validate, deploy, test), including design and code reviews, test development, test automation, creating test strategies, executing test plans, reviewing tests & product specifications etc.
- Evaluating code/test coverage providing high-quality feedback on the state of the product.
- Identifying project risks, quantifying risk/benefit ratio and providing alternative solutions as well as risk mitigation
- Identifying, analyzing, reporting bugs and driving issues to resolution
- Building automation capabilities so manual testing can be minimized/eliminated
- Mentoring other test engineers and continuously researching industry Best Test Technologies.
- Proactively recommending coding solutions and solving problems.
- Building rapport and working closely with QE, Product, Development, Program Management and Operations team to test and roll out the releases.
- Participating in regular bug triages and gathering quality metrics.
- Experience in REST/SOAP API automated testing
- Experience with Windows, UNIX, JSON, XML, YAML
- Experience with Continuous Integration (i.e. Jenkins and Maven)
- Experience with Web UI automation tools such as Selenium/WebDriver and TestNg
- Strong Object Oriented Programming Skills and Java Coding development background is a must.
- Strong critical thinking and trouble shooting skills.
- Solid & effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong understanding of Web Services methodologies like JSON, SOAP and REST
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in software industry with an excellent understanding of various QA methodologies.
- Ability to lead complex projects from test planning through production launch.
- Experience implementing and utilizing software libraries, both open source and proprietary.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage continuously changing business needs.
- Must have a passion for product quality and eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Must be team-player and yet be capable of working largely on your own with minimum supervision.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum environments is required.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.