BI SpecialistAarhus, Denmark
Copenhagen, Denmark Requisition Number R0039205
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
eBay Classifieds Denmark (eCG DK), drives the largest Danish online marketplace DBA as well as used car sales platform Bilbasen. The company is placed in Aarhus and Copenhagen. This position is based in Aarhus.
The analytics team works with the CFO of eCG DK, and is together with the Finance team responsible for driving insights and analysis to support decision-making. eCG DK is a highly data driven organization, and this role will play a key part in continuously developing our data foundation and reporting tools, which directly influence business decisions.
As a BI Specialist, you will support and drive business decisions by delivering BI solutions, reports and analyses to various groups across the company. You will analyse business data, clean and prepare data sets, and deliver reporting and visualization solutions. You will collaborate with business partners and team members to produce BI technical solutions that are scalable and have outstanding user experience. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data and has good technical skills.
- Develop data models and design dashboards to be used across all the organization
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Provide comprehensive analysis using a variety of programming languages and data tools (e.g., querying data with SQL)
- Design, develop and maintain reports and dashboards (via current and future data tools, such as BI, Excel & Tableau)
- Design, develop and maintain database models and BI solutions that combine different data sources, e.g., ERP data from financial systems, key business metrics, etc.
- Develop and maintain relevant documentation
- Connect with global peers to build on the global analytics community
What you bring:
- Master degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or similar quantitative field
- Business work experience in data analysis and data visualization
- Proficiency in SQL, and experience in manipulating large data sets and interpreting data trends
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to details
- Be able to handle various tasks across different areas of the company
- Familiarity with BI, reporting and visualization tools (such as Tableau) and with big data technologies (such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.), is an advantage
- Hands-on experience with programming languages used for data analysis: R, Python, etc.
What eBay offers:
We offer an attractive salary package consisting of base salary, shares and an individual bonus plan. We also offer 6 weeks of vacation, training budget, mobile phone and laptop. Being in an international organization also provides opportunities to network with and visit colleagues from around the world.
If this role sounds appealing and you wish to join our outstanding team of analysts and developers, feel passionate about working in an agile organization and want to impact the more than 2 million users who visit our sites every month then just send your application.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: