Product AnalystAarhus, Denmark
Copenhagen, Denmark Requisition Number R0039589
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by crafting a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
eCG Scandinavia is crafting the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to build phenomenal relationships with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eCG already has a presence and in prospective markets.
In Denmark, we have two leading brands, DBA and Bilbasen. DBA is the number one classifieds site for used goods in Denmark, and Bilbasen is the most visited site for cars with more than 300,000 cars for sale every year.
Do you want to join us?
To develop our product team and further strengthen our approach to data analysis, customer research and continuous experimentation we are looking for a driven, experienced and results-oriented Product Analyst to work alongside our product managers.
With solid data analysis experience the Product Analyst will be responsible for gathering and analyzing facts and data from within the organization as well as externally to advise strategic decision making, product development and ongoing product discovery. The responsibilities will more concretely be to continuously identify and represent customer needs through data. Keeping an eye on new market trends and the competition. You will also be encouraged to identify and assess new opportunities from a data perspective as well as define scope and recommend prioritization based on commerciality and business potential.
We have organized ourselves in squads around our platforms and key strategic priorities. Every squad is an autonomous and cross functional team with members from across the business working together on OKRs (https://rework.withgoogle.com/guides/set-goals-with-okrs/steps/introduction/). We envision that you’ll work to enable the delivery of OKRs by using data driven decision making in all parts of our development process, and by bringing the knowledge of standard experimentation and validation methodologies to the next level.
We expect you to take a data driven approach to enable informed decision making through the following focus;
- Collaborate with squads to set up experiments, research and A/B tests and ensure the best use of available data to deliver on our objectives
- Find opportunities to improve our product by analyzing customer behaviors
- Support strategy development, opportunity assessment, customer segmentation, predictive analysis to support customer retention
- Help the overall team decide what data to capture, how to model it and set it up to make it accessible
- Improve customer experience and finding commercial opportunities
- Travel occasionally between locations nationally and internationally
- Be the voice of the customer!
- 5-7 years of proven experience in a product analyst or data science environment
- Strong communicator and fluent in English
- Creative, proactive and results-oriented
- Prior experience working with multidisciplinary development teams and/or an online environment is an added advantage
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics etc.)
- Excellent at working with huge amounts of data
- Proven experience with the use of statistical tools to validate outcomes
- Experience with CRO seen as an advantage
- Experience with mentoring teams to improve way of working with data
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: