MTS 1, Software Engineer, QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038128 Subsidiary eBay
Can you bring new ideas, energy, and dedication needed to improve searches on eBay? The world-class search engine at the heart of eBay serves billions of queries every day. The Search Platform team is passionate about building the query services and relevance factors that will match the needs of our users to the products in the world's largest online marketplace, and we are looking for outstanding Quality Engineers who could come and help us assure quality of products implemented by the Search Platform team, such as IMA, Data Acquisition, Data Indexing, Index Distribution, QSS, Machine Learned Ranking (MLR) models and factors, Best Match Profiles, Demand data dictionaries, Recommendation and Search Suggestions, Search Guidance, and many more cool search engine related technologies.
- BSCS with 8+ years or MSCS with 5+ years of experience
- Background in software development or testing is required.
- Proficient in Java, Python, C++ or any of the OOD languages.
- Understanding of statistics, hypothesis testing and sampling.
- Build test plans and test cases for new assigned features.
- Build and evaluate product testability requirements, prepare testability matrices.
- Proactively recommend coding solutions, fix bugs and solve problems.
- Develop test tools for automation/regression testing.
- Lead the effort and define the platform testing approaches and needs from end-to-end.
- Work closely with the counterpart Development team and other Quality Engineering teams to ensure standard Quality processes are followed.
- Execute planned testing tasks and provide timely and accurate analysis of test findings.
- Keep project team and management well informed of testing progress.
- Communicate effectively with Product Development, Product Management, Quality Engineering, Load & Performance, and Operations teams located locally and globally.
- Knowledge of SQL, Unix and scripting language like Python or Perl.
- Must have familiarity with Web services, JUnit, XML, HTML
- Knowledge of build system – Maven/Ant.
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Hadoop/HBase.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: