Senior Full-Stack/Frontend EngineerNew York, New York Requisition Number R0038290 Subsidiary eBay
Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer with a focus on the frontend
The Advertising Team is reinventing advertising at eBay! We’re creating innovative ad-tech solutions to optimize the ad monetization and experience on eBay. Our goal is to create a valuable experience for both buyers and sellers, while also driving performance for advertisers. To that end, we are innovating rapidly in the ad-tech space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals. As a full stack engineer you will work closely with designers, product managers and other engineers (frontend, backend, machine learning, quality) to revolutionize the advertising space for eBay and beyond.
Read about some of our products and recent work here:
Join us in shaping the future of eBay advertising! Be an integral part of the team building out a new unified advertising platform – a foundation of eBay marketplace.
You’ll be working on a variety of the services, tools and components and will be actively involved in all aspects of development. We’re a very collaborative team, we highly value initiative, enthusiasm and passion for building high-quality software. The problems we are solving are complex, so resourcefulness, desire to learn and openness to change are a must. We work in an agile environment with emphasis on developer empowerment and teamwork.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Design and build high-performing, reliable solutions for high-throughput, distributed systems using a variety of third-party and eBay internal libraries and frameworks
- Work with other product teams across multiple eBay business units
- Balance strong ownership and teamwork
- Research, innovate, deliver and grow
- Proficiency in developing web applications and related technologies: RESTful services, Node.Js, any JS framework
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in computer science or related discipline
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Strong fundamentals in computer science
- Being open to working in agile environment and actively cooperate with the team
- Be a strong proponent of and adhere to high quality standards. We maintain 100% code coverage
- Familiarity with Java a plus, Scala a big plus (our back-end is written in Scala)
- Familiarity with database engines a plus (MySQL/Postgres/Oracle/MongoDB)
- Familiarity with streaming technologies a plus (Kafka, Flink, Storm)
- Familiarity with messaging frameworks a plus (RabbitMQ, Qpid, ZeroMQ, etc)
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: