Senior Software Engineer, Front EndAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0037509 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Do you want to make an impact on the world's largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a senior Full Stack Software engineer to work in the Trust product development team that builds applications for eBay marketplaces After Sales areas Cancel, Return, eBay Money Back guarantee, Feedback and Seller Standards. As an ambitious and dedicated member of our team, you will work with very hardworking peers in a fun environment building premier risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
As part of the eBay initiative - ‘Intermediate Payments’, you will be working closely with Payments teams and revamping significant part of eBay Money Back Guarantee and Cancel product experience.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems throughout all phases of the software development process
- Work on new and existing product initiatives and be a driver in the definition of product direction.
- Partner optimally with product management, QE, partner teams.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and alignment to development principles and product goals
- 5+ years experience in front-end development, solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with strong competencies in problem solving and software design
- Experience building web and RESTFul applications
- Familiarity with front-end development tools such as npm, grunt, browserify.
- Passion for shipping high quality, clean, tested code with an aim to delight users.
- A passion for building pixel perfect applications to delight our UX designers.
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
- Knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies.
- Experience in using source control systems such as Git or Clearcase, issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Strong expertise in agile development.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration, skills.
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.