Senior Security ArchitectSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0036458 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. Come join a thriving work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding nearly 25 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to speak with you!
About the team:
Core Technology (CT) is a distributed team responsible for the end-to-end eBay technology platform. This platform runs our entire infrastructure and all the services that come together to form ebay.com.
There is tremendous opportunity to tackle engineering challenges with machine learning and large scale data process, to craft a platform that is in the beginning months and to grow your career with it. You will have good exposure to how a variety of security problems in the above mentioned machine learning domains can be solved.
Your work will have impact across the entire organization. If you enjoy analyzing, breaking and coming-up with solutions to applications from a security perspective, and you are skilled at discovering security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position is for you! Also, you will coach and mentor security engineers and Product Development / software engineers in security best practices for design , architecture and development.
- Bachelor's Degree/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience in architecting, designing, and developing security architectures and solutions for complex distributed payment intermediation systems at scale
- Expertise in network security and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Experience with cloud security (Kubernetes)
- Experience in Threat Modeling, Application Security and SPLC, Data Security is a plus
- Solid security knowledge of modern Linux kernels in kernel/C development, debugging, problem and performance analysis.
- Excellent understanding and experience with data encryption and data tokenization (stateless/vaultless)
- Become a motivated product and industry influencer by maintaining deep technical and business knowledge of various market segments and of best-of-breed security strategies
- Ability and willingness to become a hands-on engineer, as appropriate.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field with 5+ years of security engineering and architectural experience
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- 5+ years of experience managing or securing data stores (RBMS, NoSQL etc.) or Linux Hardening
2+ years of experience in any of the following areas:
- Payment or Banking Security
- Application Security
- Securing analytical systems (BI, Hadoop, etc)
- Proven track record of working in cross-functional projects, partnering with PD, SRE, Architects
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Development experience in C/C++ and/or Java and scripting skills (e.g., Python, shell scripting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: