Director Engineering – Teammate ToolsAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0036739 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe.
About the team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. This role is part of Global Customer Service (GCX) organization.
We are looking for a seasoned technology leader to join our Customer Service Technology team, who will lead the efforts focused strategic and tactical operations for eBay’s global customer service technology. The CS Technology team is not your 'traditional' IT team that focuses on simply purchasing off the shelf solutions and stitching them together. We are on a transformation journey to evolve into a true customer focused engineering organization where we put customer experience first, create highly leveraged and loved platforms with an emphasis on operational excellence such as ensuring our platforms and services are scalable, rigorous and reliable. Where we choose to continue with packaged software we will invent our way around their limitations such as poor UI, scale or feature limitations.
We truly believe that great design and efficient processes have the ability to engage and inspire customers and end-users. We strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our products, tools, and experiences. We value precision coupled with a “get things done” mindset, and look for demonstrable skills over big egos. If you are obsessed with the customer experience, digging into complex processes, and defining amazing customer-focused solutions, this is the team for you!
As the contact center technology landscape continues to evolve, this position will work to ensure that we continue to stay ahead of the curve in delivering world class experiences for our customers and teammates. This person will be a key leader in driving evaluation, implementation, and success of new technology solutions within CS Technology. This person will work closely with key business partners in understanding current challenges and driving technology solutions to find innovative ways to fulfill business needs. This leader will report directly to Sr Director CS Technology and lead a global team of technology professionals.
We are looking for a forward-thinking leader who can define and refine the operating mechanisms of the team. Never comfortable with the status quo, he/she constantly pushes the boundaries, takes risks, and has the mental agility to help shape the future.
A key commitment of the CS Technology organization is building a transformational eBay Service experience. This leader will be instrumental in driving customer-centric thinking and best practices into the Strategy, Technology Roadmap, and daily execution of CS Tech driven programs.
The leader will be a passionate advocate for effective and efficient operations and will define innovative solutions that enable CS Tech to deliver a great customer and employee experience. He/she is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a bent for getting things done. He/she can think big while maintaining an obsessive attention to detail and intense focus on operations.
Visionary / Innovator
He/she should be a creative, innovative, and curious leader who has a passion for technology, commerce and customer service. We need a strategic thinker who enjoys challenging organizations to fulfill their potential and deliver for customers.
The ideal candidate will have previously led Engineering teams. They will have experience defining solutions that drive innovation, while establishing operational frameworks and processes that will scale. This leader will work closely with domain leads to define CS Tech processes and experiences that will lead the industry.
Equally important is proven general management skills and the ability to establish relationships and influence across the organization at all levels.
This leader will be responsible for defining the roadmap for Contact Center Technology Transformation and successfully delivery on it.
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor, drive conversations with our customer’s Enterprise Architects, IT Delivery Leaders, and Business Stakeholders armed with best practices for enterprise architecture functions such as Security, Performance, Development Process, and Application Governance.
- Working closely with Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and directly with clients to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Designing transformational technical solutions and working directly with customers to meet their business requirements in accordance with industry best practices
- Leading and mentor the development team on the project.
- Enforcing sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
- Provide guidance on application and integration development best practices, Enterprise Architecture standards, functional and technical solution architecture & design, environment management, testing, and DevOps.
- Create scalable, zero downtime architecture with multi cloud integration. Design light weight web applications for work from home contact center agents.
- Responsible for driving resolution of key customer implementation issues. Lead the evaluation of business and technical requirements from a senior level.
- Review and correcting project/program direction, approach and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward.
- Working collaboratively and having very strong communications skills, especially in guiding complex concepts, and creative, prescriptive thinking
- Identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice; serving as an active contributor to the overall knowledge base and expertise of the community.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree or foreign equivalent
- 8+ years experience in leading global engineering teams in a mid to large organization managing.
- Ability to be strategic along with focus on optimized execution.
- Specializes in gathering and analyzing information and designing comprehensive solutions that are flexible and adaptable the client's needs.
- Experience overseeing development and/or project team members.
- Detail-oriented individual with proven ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Cutting edge innovator who continually studies new technologies and functionality, and is involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal, written & presentation skills including demonstrated experience presenting structured recommendations to senior leaders. Ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple/precise business implications
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning; approaches each interaction with open mind; great listener and hands-on
- THOUGHT LEADER: Strong point of view and executive presence. Confident, but not arrogant, a great storyteller
- LEADERSHIP: Self-aware and strategic thinker; proficient at building strong relationships
- COMMUNICATOR: Speaks and writes with clarity, brevity, and purpose; explains area of expertise clearly and confidently to others; influences and engages C-Level with authority and confidence
- STORYTELLER: Confidently and effectively facilitates and presents; ably defends point-of-view; keeps audiences engaged and delivers a clear and memorable message
- TEAM PLAYER: Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a team
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- OHANA: Embodies Aloha culture; a great teammate that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Trusts the company’s core values; shows integrity, transparency, and reliability
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
- COMMUNITY CHAMPION: Leads internal initiatives; actively contributes to the Community’s knowledge and resource base
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: