Sr. Strategy Analyst, GPBRSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0018471 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Sr. Strategy Analyst will be a key contributor within the GPBR (Global Payment, Billing and Risk) strategy team, and will be responsible for helping to shape and drive strategy development across global Payments, Billing and Risk in support of business needs and priorities of eBay’s markets and regions. The role will be responsible for working with a wide variety of business leaders, product teams, solutions managers and other stakeholders across the organization to translate their business needs into innovative strategies in response to these business needs.
A successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to drive analytic tools and processes to help formulate strategy. The candidate will also leverage research on market, competitive landscape, and internal data (including financial analysis) to formulate and test hypothesis on strategy and strategic options. Candidate will have experience in structuring and leading a broad selection of analytics to test and inform strategy. Preferred candidates will also have exceptional structured thinking and communication skills; ability to make recommendations with imperfect data; and ability to be collaborative across multiple areas within the company.
Strategy formulation and analysis
- Conduct analysis of the firm’s payments arrangements, products, offering, pricing, and terms, both in response to specific business needs and proactively identify opportunities for value or future risks.
- Conduct analysis of the firm’s risk capabilities and techniques, both in response to specific threats and future opportunities
Strategic planning & analysis
- Support the aggregation of organization needs, requests, and plans to feed financial and capacity planning and resource strategies.
- Support the development of optimal workforce and resource plan across staffing (employee, third party, and contractor) and location (onshore, offshore) mix for the Global Payments, Billing & Risk organization
- Be the “go to” person for solving complex strategic and analytic challenges that face GPBR and build frameworks and models to support “grounded” recommendations.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience – investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience
- Ideally a portion of the above experience applied within ecommerce, payments or risk industry
- BS/BA and Master Degree preferred from “top tier” academic institutions
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: