Data Scientist / Applied ResearcherSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0018577 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Seller Insights Team at eBay strongly believes that within eBay’s vast store of transaction and behavioral data, lies the key to helping our community of 25 million sellers grow their business. We are looking for highly talented applied researchers to help unlock this value. We build algorithms for a wide range of seller-facing problems including listing quality, identification of key opportunities for sellers to improve the performance of their existing inventory, and discovery of new areas where sellers can effectively grow their business. We use state-of-the-art big data infrastructure like Hadoop and Spark to process petabytes of data, run machine learning algorithms in Python and R, and build our production services in Java and Scala. Come and help us apply data science to make eBay sellers across the world successful.
As a member of our team, you will be tasked with delivering end-to-end solutions starting from combing petabytes of data to find key insights, evaluating and improving state-of-the-art machine learning solutions, building reliable and high performance production-quality systems, and collaborating with broader team to create compelling experiences that help our sellers.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent
- Well versed in machine learning, information retrieval, applied statistics
- Experience in solving problems using data science and building practical solutions
- Hands-on industrial experience with big data processing using Hadoop, Pig/Hive or similar
- Familiarity with Java, C++, Scala, Python or other programming languages
- Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL products a strong plus
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision making
- Strong thought leadership with quick grasp on how data and insights can be turned into valuable features
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaborations skills to partner with and influence others
- Agility to adapt to emerging challenges and execute under ambiguity
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
View our accessibility infoR0018577
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.