MTS 1 Software Engineer, QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0018826 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer, who can contribute in the role of Quality Engineering. You will be working on the View Item QE team in delivering best in class experiences to our customers. This position requires the candidate to collaborate with folks in other disciplines, specifically Product Management and Product Development but also with User Experience Design, Analytics and Business and cross functional QE engineers. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter and team player, and a strong driver for results and continuous improvement. Responsibilities include own quality engineering for assigned product features. The strategy would first identify key aspects from a test perspective and then answer questions like how, when and where these key aspects will be applied (automation, scripts, manual).·
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Define overall test strategy for assigned features.
- Design and implement End-to-End and API-level tests for Java applications, testing infrastructure, batch processes, RESTful web services, and front-end User Experiences for desktop web, mobile web and iOS/Android applications
- Develop and maintain automated test suites using ebay’s automation frameworks and tools, while contributing to their enhancements and improvisation.
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations and help rollout changes.
- Define automation strategy and ensure testability.
- Write best in class code to automate testing for your assigned feature areas.
- Develop deep understanding of the product, engineering processes, tools and concepts in order to effectively narrow down defects.
- Ability to not only find a defect but also to troubleshoot and narrow it down to the root cause.
- This position does require experience to do manual testing as well
- Participates in design and systems architecture discussions, proposes and discusses solutions to system and product changes that are related to domain area
- Document defects effectively and work with Development team to triage and troubleshoot defects
- Coordinate testing across multiple teams
- Participate in product and technology initiatives and recommend improvements
- Work with other QE engineers, product managers, and product developers to ensure that product specifications describe innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, and result in achievable implementation schedules and a product that meets agreed-upon quality standards
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption
We are looking for full stack QE engineer who should have a good java development background. Having iOS or Android development/automation experience using native tools (e.g. iOS – XCTest ,Android – Espresso) is a good plus.
View our accessibility infoR0018826
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.