Lead Data ScientistNew York, New York Requisition Number R0039713
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have an impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for empowering small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
The eBay Analytics & insights Data Science team partners with the eBay core product team, influencing decision making of the product road map with their insights This team is responsible for customer behavior insights and product impact analysis!
We are looking to hire an analytics & insights Data Scientist who will have the unique opportunity to influence decision making and the product road map with data insights and thought leadership.
To be successful in this role:
- You would have to strike a balance between strategic thinking and hands-on analyses using tools like SQL, R, Python.
- You would need to possess strong technical skills to extract actionable insights from enormous amounts of data from Hadoop. At the same time, you also need to have the ability to think about the big picture and connect the dots to evaluate how the insights impact eBay’s ecosystem.
- You would need a deep understanding of statistics, supervised/unsupervised algos and their applicability in various practical scenarios as you choose the best way to extract insights from data to solve a customer problem.
- You’d need strong understanding of A/B testing framework and causal inferences
- You would need a mindset for scalability as you help create scalable processes and strategy for the data science team
- You’d need a strong customer mindset and ability to connect customer voices with data insights to recommend product solutions and collaborate with engineering and product partners
- You would need an ability to present complex analyses and insights effectively in simple terms
- Proactive collaboration and effective communication are critical
- Strong quantitative background with a degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related disciplines.
- 5-10 years’ experience in the field of data science and analytics is preferred
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here:https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View ouraccessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: