Data ManagerIstanbul, Istanbul Requisition Number R0021925 Subsidiary GittiGidiyor
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Develop, mentor and manage a talented team of data engineers, data scientists, BI/BA specialists and DBAs.
- Set technology vision and strategy for data engineering and science, focused on developing analytics platform and services that power all of GittiGidiyor.
- Establish best practices for data team and development, including agile and other lean model development and testing strategies to accelerate time to market.
- Be the Product Owner of Data Team and act as like a chief data officer.
- Provide technical direction.
- Formulate & communicate long-term objectives & expectations, define strategic direction
- Work with BI/BA specialists. ETL, Oracle, QlikView/QlikSense and SAP Business Objects and Google / Adobe Omniture Analytics tools is in the core of BI/BA operations.
- Work with DBA for organizing all day-to-day operations. MySQL know-how is a must. Administration of other NoSQL and GraphDBs is part of responsibilities.
The ideal candidate has a strong architectural vision and a history of delivering high performance solutions. He or she is committed to applying data engineering and science techniques to activate the value of GittiGidiyor’s data, with an ultimate focus on driving great internal and external customer experiences, partnering with product domains teams to drive material improvement in business results. He or she balances creativity and intuition with analytical rigor and agility, and demonstrates continuous process improvement and operational discipline. This leader is an idea generator, is a skilled relationship-builder, and has a strong sense of accountability and ownership. Finally, candidates should be excited by the challenges GittiGidiyor presents in the big-data, AI and analytics space.
- Strong quantitative background with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics, Engineering. Master’s and PhD degrees preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in management
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a complex organization
- Passion for leading data oriented teams
- Good level of English is a must
- Experience with Big Data Cloud Services is a plus
- Experience with data security and governance is a plus
- Experience with Data Science is a plus
- Background in ecommerce product experience is a plus
What skills/competencies are required for this position:
- Great interpersonal and management skills.
- Great articulation skills - ability to explain complex analyses and insights into simple terms
- Track record of leading and promoting courageousness, excellence, and collaboration
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence through Big Data background.
- Strong analysis skills.
- Planning and coordination.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: