Head of Pricing & MonetisationBerlin, Land Berlin Requisition Number R0022093 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay has a long history of hiring some of the best and brightest talent in the marketplace. The organisation recognises that good talent needs to be challenged and, as such, facilitates career development across functions and geographies.
eBay recognises that, to continue attracting the best candidates, offering opportunities beyond the one they are recruiting for is important. Whilst we are searching for a role which requires specific experience, eBay want to attract individuals who display a range of skills and experiences, making them adaptable to future opportunity within the organisation.
This search is about finding someone capable of fulfilling the Head of Pricing & Monetisation role today and in doing so helping eBay to develop and improve in this area, but also demonstrating breadth of knowledge, ambition and capability, which could see the appointed candidate building a successful career at eBay.
eBay launched in Germany in 1999. Since then, it has evolved into one of the largest and most vibrant online marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection both in Germany and globally. eBay.de has more than 16 million active buyers today, and customers can choose from more than 140 million items on the German eBay marketplace. For example, a ladies fashion accessory is purchased every 17 seconds and a tablet finds a new owner on the German site every three seconds. And with eBay Plus, eBay.de is offering a premium program to its German customers with a multitude of benefits including free and fast shipping as well as free unlimited returns.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The core of eBay’s business is the unique selection of products it offers to buyers, through the world’s largest selection of sellers. eBay sellers come in many shapes and sizes: individuals selling used products for cash as auctions, entrepreneurs turning an idea into a flexible income stream for themselves and multi-million pound/euro/dollar businesses using eBay as a fixed price retail channel.
eBay’s main source of revenue is from its sellers in the form of listing and transactional fees. The Head of Pricing & Monetisation sets the pricing policies which determine when and to what extent eBay charge fees to sellers. These decisions are some of the largest and most complex elements of eBay’s business strategy, driving financial performance (top and bottom line) and defining the relationships eBay has with its sellers, the firm’s largest source of competitive advantage.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role would be as follows:
- Pricing strategy: Translate eBay’s financial plan into a strategy for pricing - analytically and qualitatively analyse the options eBay has to drive sales and revenue through pricing policies, from both an external competitive and internal/seller economics perspective.
- Promotional strategy to engage with sellers to grow top line in a targeted manner.
- Pricing and revenue management: Optimise eBay’s business growth by evolving pricing terms intelligently and effectively to hit sales and income financial commitments.
- How should eBay price differently for different categories of goods on the site?
- How can eBay maximise the opportunity for sellers to sell internationally by aligning pricing across countries?
- How can eBay use pricing as a commercial lever for incentivising the highest possible levels of buyer service from sellers?
- Monetisation: Develop new revenue streams for eBay by providing attractive services to sellers, buyers and partners.Partnering with stakeholders to drive monetisation of the site and new services.
- Executive stakeholder influencing: manage decision-making processes to put plans into action, often at the highest levels of the European and global business given the scale of the choices.
- Relationship and change management with sellers: Deliver pricing policies and changes effectively and smoothly to sellers, and integrate effectively with other seller initiatives to strengthen eBay’s relationships with its sellers.
- Regional and global partnership: partner effectively with the other major country leads in USA and Germany to develop global initiatives and to build out tools & infrastructure.
- Lead the DE team: manage direct and indirect pricing team members, participate as a cross-functional leader in the day to day workings of the eBay’s European business
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: