Consumer Insights Research ManagerSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0021445 Subsidiary StubHub
StubHub,www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visitStubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
StubHub is looking for an experienced professional with a strong market research background to manage brand and insights programs. Reporting to the Global Head of Consumer Insights, this position will require strong analytical and strategic acumen, the ability to distill actionable insights from large amounts of data, and the skill to convey compelling stories for StubHub’s senior leadership team. This individual is a key hire within a growing team and will be responsible for designing and implementing research initiatives that help StubHub better understand where to play, how to win, and how to optimize marketing performance.
- Develop original research programs to answer critical questions about StubHub’s brand and the drivers of customer perception and behavior
- Analyze research data to create compelling, insightful storylines that illuminate opportunities and threats for the brand
- Author executive level reports and make informed recommendations to key stakeholders and influencers
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative studies that provide guidance on how to prioritize and win key market segments
- Leverage StubHub’s transactional data systems to connect external views of buyers and sellers with internal views of their behavior
- 7+ years of related work experience in market research and/or customer insights
- Demonstrated track record for managing quantitative and qualitative research programs
- Strong background in market segmentation brand measurement and strategic brand positioning
- Proven acumen in shaping stakeholder questions for maximum impact with the ability to translate needs into appropriate research initiatives
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative research method design experience
- Proven ability to distill actionable insights from complex data and explain findings to clients in a digestible and compelling manner
- Strong verbal communication skills and experience with senior level client presentations and meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in market research, statistics, economics or related field and Advanced Degree are desirable
About the Position:
- The position is a full time role within the Consumer Insights team
- Location is at the San Francisco office and will require occasional travel to other locations as needed
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself