Network & Security EngineerIstanbul, Istanbul Requisition Number R0022258 Subsidiary GittiGidiyor
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Network & Security Engineer
GittiGidiyor, a leading platform of e-commerce industry as a pioneer of the marketplace format in Turkey and the reliable address of the consumers online, has been operating as an eBay company, which is the global e-commerce giant. With its 70 million monthly visitors in average and 20 million registered users, GittiGidiyor is a huge platform with one item sold every second.
GittiGidiyor’s corporate identity is based on equality and culture of reliability. In line with eBay’s cultural values, employees at GittiGidiyor are focused, courageous, creative and identified with the brand. They are all united in one single subject, “We” and embrace the richness created by diversity.
Accepting “diversity” as the institution’s main principle, GittiGidiyor has created “Diversity Groups” within the organization. These Diversity Groups like “Women’s Initiative Network (WIN)” which aims to increase women's employment and improve their visibility as equal and free individuals in business life; “United in Pride” which supports the rights of LGBT individuals, and “Hand in Hand” which supports the participation of disabled people in active business life.
As an innovative platform embracing a working style valuing human, GittiGidiyor has taken the 2nd place on the list of The Best Employers of Turkey-2017 (in the category of workplaces with 50-250 employees) based on the research done by GPTW Institute. GittiGidiyor got a prize for Diversity and for two years subsequently by the same organization.
What you will do:
- To ensure that the information system network and security infrastructure are active 7/24
- To examine and tackle the problems that occur in the information system network and security issues.
- To follow the network traffic and anomaly in Data Centers
- To organize and update documentation and diagrams
- To define the user rights and network accesses to the information systems network
- To establish and monitor routine protective measures and policies to ensure network security and protection, to implement the policies settled by the Network Security manager in this respect
- To handle the cabling infrastructure and to make additions depending on the requirements
- To assist the Network Manager with regard to the conduct of relationships with the meaningful ISPs.
- Having graduated from a vocational school of higher education.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience
- Having worked in a similar position in an ISP or an Internet oriented firm.
- To be specialized on Cisco/Juniper based network equipment; preferably CCNA and/or JNCIA certified
- Experience related to LAN protocols in a way to be able to conduct operations 7x24.
- Analytical Thinking,
- Working / Deciding based on Knowledge,
- Detail Orientation,
- Problem Solving,
- Systematic Approach,
- Result Orientation,
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: