Front-end ArchitectIstanbul, Istanbul Requisition Number R0022450 Subsidiary GittiGidiyor
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
GittiGidiyor, a leading platform of e-commerce industry as a pioneer of the marketplace format in Turkey and the reliable address of the consumers online, has been operating as an eBay company, which is the global e-commerce giant. With its 70 million monthly visitors in average and 20 million registered users, GittiGidiyor is a huge platform with one item sold every second.
GittiGidiyor’s corporate identity is based on equality and culture of reliability. In line with eBay’s cultural values, employees at GittiGidiyor are focused, courageous, creative and identified with the brand. They are all united in one single subject, “We” and embrace the richness created by diversity.
Accepting “diversity” as the institution’s main principle, GittiGidiyor has created “Diversity Groups” within the organization. These Diversity Groups like “Women’s Initiative Network (WIN)” which aims to increase women's employment and improve their visibility as equal and free individuals in business life; “United in Pride” which supports the rights of LGBT individuals, and “Hand in Hand” which supports the participation of disabled people in active business life.
As an innovative platform embracing a working style valuing human, GittiGidiyor has taken the 2nd place on the list of The Best Employers of Turkey-2017 (in the category of workplaces with 50-250 employees) based on the research done by GPTW Institute. GittiGidiyor got a prize for Diversity and for two years subsequently by the same organization.
You will be working to help architect our front end architecture to improve the development workflow, create proper separation of concerns and abstractions to optimize development while keeping the site fast.
We are continually improving our UI platform and we are now at one of such moments. You can join us to tackle this opportunity with modern web tools while at the same time delivering superb experiences to millions of users. The ideal candidate has solid front-end development skills, commitment to shipping, and works well with others.
Required Skills / Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years experience in front-end development
- Experience and deep understanding of modern development standards, HTML5, CSS3 and cross-browser compatibility issues
- You understand how front end architectures can be optimized to improve developer productivity while properly separating concerns
- Familiarity with front-end development tools and loaders such as npm, grunt, gulp, browserify, babel, webpack, lasso, etc.
- Passion for shipping high quality, clean, tested code with an aim to delight users
- A passion for building pixel perfect applications to delight our UX designers
- Experience with node.js
- Experience with SASS, LESS, TypeScript
- Good understanding of Build Pipelines (Jenkins, Go, Concourse, etc.)
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: