Applied ResearcherBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0023524 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Here are some of the problems we are working on:
- Determining an item’s weight and dimensions from a human-readable description
- Finding the ideal shipping method for a given item, taking into account buyer behavior and inferred item characteristics
- Using predictive analytics to determine item delivery dates
- Inferring similarity between items described in different locales
We are passionate about building amazing platforms that support the growth of eBay's market share, and we are looking for top-notch software engineers who want to build scalable systems that are business critical.
- You will be directly responsible for improving the quality and efficiency of eBay's shipping activities.
- Design and implement end to end solutions using Machine Learning and other advanced computer science technologies, and own live deployments to improve both efficiency and user experience for buyers and sellers.
- Conduct experiments and evaluate the performance of the models, investigate false positive/false negatives and implement continuous improvements to the shipping ecosystem.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and product teams to develop strategic and tactical enhancements to our shipping platforms.
- Communicate your methodology and results to a community of researchers, developers, analysts, and product managers working on a number of related technologies.
- Work with engineers as well as other cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions
- Maintain responsibility for the quality, performance, scalability, and reliability of the products
- Estimate engineering effort, build research and development plans, and prioritize work according to the needs of the business
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members.
•eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: