Data ScientistAarhus, Central Jutland Requisition Number R0024777 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
THE COMPANY: eBay Classifieds Group
The eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative global leader in online classifieds, with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
The eBay Classifieds Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Please visit our website www.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com for more information.
THE BUSINESS UNIT: eCG DK (DBA and BilBasen)
The Denmark organization consists of BilBasen and DBA, the Danish businesses of eCG.
BilBasen is the number one site for cars in Denmark attracting more than 600,000 visitors each month. Besides the monthly +56K listings on the website BilBasen offers everything a vehicle buyer, seller or petrol head needs including video ads, a buyer’s forum, a Facebook page with daily updates and discussions, and state of the art mobile apps.
DBA is the number one classifieds site in Denmark with more than 20 million visits a month and 1.3 million users. The simple format of DBA makes it incredibly easy for users to buy or sell just about anything from smart phones, design furniture, branded kid’s clothing or even finding the perfect house or flat anywhere in Denmark.
The role uses a data-driven approach to objectively inform advertising and monetization as part of decisions and process improvements. This role is critical to the business’s commercial and monetization efforts. As a member of the analytics team, you will be proficient with data tools and sources, thrive on solving highly analytical problems and turn data into actionable insights. You are part of a global analytics community across all eBay entities and work closely with other analytics teams in eBay’s classifieds group.
Analysis & Insights
· Develop and communicate qualitative and quantitative insights that help drive the business
· Work hand in hand with the product development team, monetization teams, marketing team and the customer support team to identify problems and solve them creatively
· Lead data and analytics projects with cross-functional teams
· Translate complex data and insights into concise and actionable recommendations
· Develop an understanding of customer and competitor dynamics by extracting information from a diverse array of sources
Reporting, Business Analytics, Data Acquisition & Management
· Leverage the full breadth of data sources and analytic resources
· Ensure reliable and consistent data capture and availability for all relevant data
· Develop dashboards (daily, weekly, and monthly), both automated and manual across multiple data sets to measure and track performance against KPIs
· Support and automate forecasting of key revenue drivers and metrics
· Strong background in quantitative thinking and data analysis
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in a Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related field
· Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
· Comfortable communicating with peers, business stakeholders and non-analytics audiences
· Optimal communication skills and delivering of effective presentations
· Experience manipulating large data sets and interpreting data trends
· Familiarity with data modelling and statistics
· Able to work using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools; working out of a data warehouse or from smaller imperfect datasets
· Comfortable working with at least one data language (SQL, Hive, etc.) and at least one data analysis language (R, Python preferred)
· Familiarity with analytics, statistical & visualization tools e.g. Google Analytics, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, etc.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: