Senior Data Scientist - GBHSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0024449 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join the Global Buying Hub (GBH) team to support the international growth initiative. You will write the next page of eBay playbook to become even more global and expand our geographical reach into new markets to make our vision of “the world” shops first on eBay a reality.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different scenarii. They must have strong experience using a variety of data analysis and be an expert at data visualization. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
This individual will work closely with the Product Management team and engineering team for the international growth initiative and help them getting actionable insights to improve our user experience
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities and leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation.
- Develop A/B test and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: