Big Data Database SupportSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0024957 Subsidiary StubHub
StubHub is looking for a Big Data Database Engineer is responsible for monitoring and improving the operating performance of a Hadoop cluster along with the ancillary software that makes it useful (Hive and other systems). Manages the system maintenance of Hadoop and answers technical questions about the service from Engineering and other primary users.
- Managing the Production and non-Production Hadoop clusters and peta bytes of data.
- Own the platform architecture and drive it to support current and future requirements
- Troubleshooting the issues/failures with the Hadoop jobs, Cluster hosts, Tune performance and operational efficiency of Hadoop clusters.
- Formulate methods to enable consistent Data loading and optimize Data operations
- Evaluate and introduce technology tools and processes to streamline operation of the data platform and for streamlining.
- Meet performance and SLA requirements of the Hadoop clusters.
- Data security both in motion and at rest, experience with Data security tools using Ranger, Atlas, Knox.
- Monitoring and event handling of BigData ecosystem applications and replications.
- Evaluate and recommend systems software and hardware for the data flows and data management.
Experience and Requirements:
- 10+ years' experience as a technical lead with focus on open source and Petabyte range Hadoop data implementations.
- Expertise with HDFS/YARN, Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper, Hive, LLAP, Hbase etc..
- Experience in optimization, capacity planning & architecture of a large multi-tenant cluster.
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, Java, Perl, or Bash.
- Experience with multiple open source tool sets in the Big Data space
- Experience in tool Integration, automation, configuration management in GIT (Puppet/Cobbler)
- Keep up to date with evolving technology in the big data and analytics (open source) world
- Good understanding of the technology associated with operating multiple services, applications and platforms, datacenters, systems, networks, load balancers, and relational databases.
- Experience with Cloud Based (GCP) big data services is a big plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself