Sr. Quality Engineering ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0040302 Subsidiary eBay
The Advertising Team is reinventing advertising at eBay! We’re creating innovative ad-tech solutions to optimize the ad monetization and experience on eBay. Our goal is to create a valuable experience for both buyers and sellers, while also driving performance for advertisers. To that end, we are innovating rapidly in the ad-tech space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals to revolutionize the advertising space for eBay and beyond.
Who are we?
We are the Quality Engineering teams in the Advertising Organization. Our quality engineers are highly skilled software developers in a very fast paced working environment. We are not just doing the regular quality validation work but also developing automation platforms to make the product release faster with high confidence. We’re a very collaborative team. We highly value initiative, enthusiasm and passion for guarding software with high-quality. Team members are working together and help each other very well. Teams are located in NYC, SJ in the US and Shanghai in China.
We are looking for a very experienced Sr. Engineering Manager with good balance of technology and people management skills; who has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity, join us and invent the next generation of eCommerce.
What will you do?
- Lead a 10-15 talented full stack team of backend, frontend and data science quality engineers
- Mentor and guide the development of your team members in a tailored empathetic manner suited for each individual
- Build collaborative and inclusive teams
- Collaborate with product managers, business units, analytics to brainstorm and release the next generation of our products fast with high confidence.
- Build and maintain a healthy prioritized backlog in alignment with the team goals
- Layout technical vision for the team.
- Think ahead and build with the future in mind for the product quality.
- Maintain a balance between short term and long term goals while shipping high impact products quickly
- Partner effectively and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization and across eBay
- 8+ years technical management experience of software engineering teams that have successfully delivered customer-driven software products with highest quality.
- Passion for being at the leading edge of technology with 10+ years of hands on software development and/or testing/production experience.
- 5+ years of delivery experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Proven experience in delivering highly scalable solutions, automation & CI solutions with open source tools.
- Demonstrated experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams.
- Adept at articulating the strategy and drive change with strong technical & business acumen.
- Solid understanding of cutting-edge technologies, industry wide testing tools/services.
- Ability to think and act strategically for all stakeholders; Possesses strong verbal, written communication & presentation skills.
- Experience with AI/Statistics/ML is a plus
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or any Engineering Discipline
Read about some of our products and recent work here:
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: