Director, Hardware EngineeringSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0026846 Subsidiary eBay
Want to make an impact on a global platform that powers the world’s most exciting online marketplace? Ready to be part of transforming and driving a new engineering vision and culture for eBay? Are you prepared to innovate and efficiently scale the eBay ecosystem? eBay is looking for a talented engineering leader to help drive this exciting transformation. In this role, you will lead and work with smart and talented engineers and product groups to design and build the next generation hardware platform for eBay.
An ideal candidate will have a proven track record of design/build/deploy/
document/support highly scalable and efficient hardware solutions at a scale. You should have exceptional technical expertise with major server SKUs (compute, cache, Storage). The Director of Hardware Engineering will regularly interact with Senior Initiative leaders within the company.
• Hire, develop and lead a team of Sr. hardware & software engineers responsible for the design, development and deployment of eBay’s next generation of server & storage technologies.
• Lead a strategy for hyper scale / white box hardware, using your ecosystem knowledge and relationships.
• Implement short and long term Hardware and server strategy with strong customer focus and automation.
• Engage with internal software engineering teams (Cloud, Search, etc.) and define a portfolio approach for server and storage platform hardware.
• Set a clear technical direction and delegate to ensure good execution of strategic and tactical plans
• Create a strong and agile development process across the hardware lifecycle from development, supply chain and quality in deployment
• Drive efficiencies through process improvement, resulting in service maturity and scalability.
• Establish deep partnerships with key technology companies for CPU, memory, storage and networking sub-systems.
• Be available to react to emergencies, and ability to troubleshoot and communicate outside of normal business hours.
• Ability to serve as a technical lead for project implementation and provide a leadership example to other staff members.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to write both technical and procedural documentation.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: