Infrastructure Automation EngineerDraper, Utah Requisition Number R0026821
We are actively looking for a talented Infrastructure Automation Engineer. This key role will be an integral part the office of the CIO’s growing Infrastructure Automation services across compute, network and cloud infrastructure teams. The team’s goals are to provide end to end service automation, orchestration and service delivery. This consists fully autonomous self-healing of systems and devices consuming cutting edge technology’s like machine learning and artificial intelligence.
The ideal candidates have done this before and can anticipate what needs to be done rather than be instructed. This position needs an engineer who can adapt, work in a very fast-pace, enriching environment and is looking for a career rather than just a job.
What you will do
- Participate in usability and requirements meetings with key stakeholders across eBay’s infrastructure service delivery and architecture teams
- Design and then implement an automated solution, process and/or workflow within in BMC Automation suite technologies and/or parallel automation platforms for specific customer needs
- Design the solution & technical approach/process flow where relevant integrations are required to meet customers’ needs
- Responsible for the integration of external 3rd party systems and BMC cloud solutions both inbound and outbound from/to the solution leveraging MuleSoft marketplace.
- Responsible for the integration of BMC and 3rd party Automation technologies with Corporate ITSM/AR/CMDB
- Responsible for the maintenance & health monitoring of the software and underlying infrastructure pertaining to the BMC Automation suite of tools, such as Atrium Orchestrator, BMC Server Automation, Cloud Life Cycle Management, BMC Network Automation.
What you will need
Technical Experience (3+ years responsible experience)
- Direct experience with BladeLogic & BMC suite of products such as CLM, BAO, BNA, BSA, ITSM, CMDB for a minimum of 3 years. Experience in Truesight Ops a huge plus
- Direct experience with consulting engineering efforts including implementation, configuration, and operation.
- Good Knowledge and familiarity of server virtualization, network architecture, and cloud technologies with Linux and Windows OS stacks
- Solid hands-on experience in architecting and developing with SOAP and REST web services, open API development, and SOA concepts.
- Experience working with Java and/or RAML using MuleSoft a huge plus
- Ability to create SOAP and REST based service interfaces using MuleSoft platform to deliver fast, reliable, and scalable integration API code.
- Strong understanding of GIT Enterprise or TFS for source code control
- Strong understanding of relational databases structure and functionality and experience with all major databases - Microsoft SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle
- Good Experience with Python, and other scripting languages
- Experience with CYPHER and/or other Graph DB languages a plus
- Good knowledge of machine learning and deep learning a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar technical degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Broad knowledge in hardware, software, network and applications deployments through automation
- Ability to be highly productive, both working alone and in close collaboration within a team, able to multi-process and thrive in a fast-paced, customer driven, sometimes unpredictable—but always fun and engaging environment
- Strong business writing, collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong service and team spirit.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: