Working Student Human Language Tech.Aachen, Germany Requisition Number R0028670
eBay Human Language Technology group is a team of researchers and engineers focused on innovative applications of natural language processing technologies to the e-commerce domain. With hundreds of millions of buyers, sellers, and live listings at any point of time, the HLT group provides a fantastic playground for researchers and practitioners to work with data and conduct experiments at massive scale.
To support our team in Aachen, we are looking for a
Working Student (m/f) Human Language Technology
- up to 20h per week -
As a student worker at the eBay office in Aachen, Germany, you will collaborate with a team of researchers and software engineers leveraging state-of-the-art technologies to solve the most complex problems in natural language processing and text mining. In cooperation with the Human Language Technology and Pattern Recognition Group at the Computer Science department of the RWTH Aachen University (Prof. Dr. Hermann Ney), you’ll research to improve current models and contribute to prototyping of innovative solutions. You will extract and prepare training data, write algorithms with the goal to enhance HLT components (such as machine translation), will train neural machine translation models, and test both your own and existing models and algorithms in various experiments.
- Pursuing a Master of Science degree in computer science or related fields with a preferred specialization in natural language processing or machine learning
- Experience with designing and training machine learning models
- Proven ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills (fluent English, both verbal and written, also knowledge of German)
- Experience working with complex and large text and web data
- Experiences working with deep learning tools, like TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Programming skills (C++/Java, perl/python, bash command-line tools)
What do we offer?
- A comfortable working environment in a small, well-equipped office in the center of Aachen
- Dynamic team, passion for languages and technology, professionalism and a good sense of humor
- An international and fast-paced working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- An attractive remuneration, up to 20 h/week
We are looking forward to your online application including your CV, cover letter and earliest possible start date via www.ebaycareers.com. For initial questions, please contact Nina Stankewitz (email@example.com).
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: