Director Global GrowthAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0034639 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Director of Global Growth
eBay Classifieds is one of the fastest growing businesses within eBay that drives connected commerce by creating local marketplaces across the globe, powered by simplicity and enriched personal interaction. We have built the world’s most successful classifieds company through strong local brands that help people find whatever they’re looking for in their communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. eBay Classifieds Group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation.
The eBay Classifieds Global Growth Team is responsible for driving the growth of traffic, engagement and user acquisition across our global portfolio of sites.
As Director of Global Growth, you will be responsible for providing a vision and strategy to drive increases in traffic and improve user acquisition across eCG. You’ll lead a skilled cross-functional team located around the globe developers focused on growing marketplace vibrancy, executing the strategy and delivering results that support local business strategies. You’ll work closely with local business management to ensure alignment on objectives and to secure resources. Presenting to C-level executives will be your chance to make an impact.
You’ll be expected to:
- Keep eCG on top of industry developments such as changes in Google or Facebook algorithms, emergence of new organic channels, marketing technologies and anything else that could drive or affect traffic.
- Serve the mission of smartly applying technology in the pursuit of effective traffic growth and user acquisition.
- Champion greater experimentation and more-agile management of function’s capabilities.
- Lead creating and adopting next practices & innovation across eCG.
- Play a critical role in collaboration with Technology teams to identify and define opportunities to use tools, technologies, and data infrastructure that will enable better targeting, personalization, and decision-making capabilities, across all of our digital channels. Drive ECG’s MarTech strategy.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Install best practice in local markets taking local ECG businesses with you on the strategic journey. Be implementation orientated with the ability to work in a collaborative way with local teams to tangible improve performance in market on user growth and retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in related field with previous experience leading an SEO and/or Social Media team. MBA or other master’s degree preferred.
- Strong drive and curiosity to come up with new ideas, find opportunities and create a vision to drive the business forward.
- Past experience crafting marketing strategies and evangelizing them successfully, preferably, in a large, global organization.
- Ability to shift from developing and communicating a strategy to executing across markets in a decentralized organization.
- Excellent people leader experienced in growing and strengthening a team.
- Excellent analytical skills and an inquisitive nature.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and pressured environment.
- High levels of self-motivation and out-of-the-box thinking skills.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. A strong communicator able to lead through influence.
- The role requires independent thinking and working and strong business partnership skills.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your CV.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: