Head of Precision MarketingAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0040344
Marktplaats (NL) handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products.2dehands.be-2ememain.be(BE) are also part of eBay and the eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) and combine the energy of a start-up with the resources of one of the leading technology companies in the world. We offer the top 500 advertisers relevant ways to connect and communicate with our 3.2 million monthly unique users, customized integrations and partnerships.
About the team:
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities - whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
The eCG Benelux Marketing team’s mission is to Drive Penetration & Business Growth Via Full-Funnel, Driven by Data & Audience Centric Storytelling, measured & optimized towards return on investment goals. This role reports to the CMO of eCG Benelux and is based in Amsterdam.
We are currently looking for a Head of Precision Marketing, who will be responsible for all aspects of our Search, Remarketing, programmatic advertising across display & video, CRM as well as holistic media strategy & planning agendas. You will be responsible for the infrastructure, the analysis and optimization of all campaigns through all platforms. In doing so, you will be empowered to deliver against ROI targets, design experiments (A/B Tests) and manage budget goals to meet business performance objectives.Our Precision Marketing Team consists of 8 talents split between performance advertising & CRM functions. You will be accountable for defining, deploying and embedding eCG Beneluxin-housed Precision Marketing strategy.
This exciting role would see you working closely with Product, Integrated Marketing, Content development, Analytics teams as well as strategic Ad Tech partners and various agencies so you will require a solid ability to manage projects across multiple departments and stakeholders and showcase strong leadership and communication skills.Your ability to drive innovation forward at a fast pace, respond quickly to new learnings and available data and adapt rapidly is essential for success in this role.
· Coach, lead and inspire the team to deliver ROI-driven performance advertising & CRM campaigns.
· Drive continuous innovation through digital advertising by designing, building and reporting experimental tests on new formats, creatives, platforms, products etc.
· Combine world class digital media market, technical knowledge & data analysis to help develop, activate and optimize a large variety of complex campaigns.
· Cultivate strong, productive relationships with internal stakeholders to deliver against an ambitious company-wide Precision Strategy
· Drive continuous efforts to improve our precision marketing strategy and tactics across NL & BE (define hypotheses and execute test campaigns to understand the drivers of performance) working cross-functionally with analytics, product teams as well as relevant Media / Ad Tech partners
· Bring to team constant in-depth knowledge of the digital media industry, market & Ad Tech dynamics as well as best practices to further improve campaign effectiveness through deeper use of our Ad Tech functionalities
· Foster a team environment that results in low staff turnover
· Act as the first point of escalation for Performance advertising & CRM related issues (e.g. campaign performance) and ensure issues are dealt in a timely manner
· Closely work with the Integrated Marketing Team to recommend the strategic development and deployment of all Performance advertising & CRM campaigns as well as investment strategy
· Develop & embed Precision Marketingcapability programs within relevant teams. Be the Precision Marketing evangelist for internal & external stakeholders.
· Constantly provide proactive contribution to business growth by harnessing new Precision Marketing activation opportunities through thoughtful data driven recommendations
· Activate strong relationships with technology partners, seeking out new opportunities that could improve ROI
· Lead the media components of our Integrated Marketing Communications process; working in a cross functional team to contribute to audience / insight development, as well as leading connections planning & the creation of media strategies (with our media agency) through to execution
· Deep experience managing Performance advertising & CRM campaigns at scale, and strong technical knowledge around the performance landscape. Be an expert in advertising technologies such as ad servers, DSP’s, DMP’s, CDP’s, RTB platforms, ad exchanges, cross-device tracking technologies, web analytics, dynamic creative tooling, audience modeling, bid management
· Ability to self-manage and juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
· Solid leadership and team management experience
· Proven ability to think creatively about challenging analytic problems
· Excellent communication skills; the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences, and guide team members on doing the same
· Strong attention to detail, solid analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions: understands the role that analytics plays in performance advertising and can partner with our Analytics team on attribution and measurement plans
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Strategic thinker, able to balance long-term vision with short- and medium-term goals with a strong focus to action.
· An ability to translate business needs into business opportunities which can be executed in small steps, and prioritize them according to business value and impact.
· Highly organized, pragmatic and results-focused
· Ability to clearly outline & present plan and future goals.
· Good experience in media strategy and planning across all media channels (TV, Digital, Social, Audio, OOH) in Benelux & able to confidently review, critique media plans and presentations.
· 8-10+ years of professional experience in digital marketing
· Fluent English speaker
· Masters degree in an analytical or experimental field preferred – ideally in Marketing, Economics, Statistics.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here:https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: