Java DeveloperAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0025938 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with twelve brands that span the Globe. We are growing and developing our core advertising platform, planning improvements and delivering functionality on time and with quality. You will be solving real-world technical and scaling issues on a regular basis. You are an innovative thinker who can visualize/evangelize within the team about the strengths of your approach and carry your team members with you. Solving complex problems needs to be your passion and you will strive for simplicity and maintainability on all levels - not just in code.
You have a flexible and innovative mindset, balanced by solid experience in building a scalable service.
Working part-time is negotiable, minimum is 32h.
To achieve your task, you will have the help of some colleagues. Together with them, you will perform code reviews and provide guidance and assistance for other team members when needed. You see large refactorings of an existing codebase as a challenge for making things simpler. You understand the risk of your changes and can balance it against other constraints. You can see the need for changing priorities when the situation requires it and act on it. You initiate design discussions with other team members, present potential solutions to your peers, and understand the true costs and benefits of technologies you introduce.
- Are an innovative thinker who can work within a team visualizing and creating integrated communications within our product offering.
- Implement a complex, distributed and highly available communication service as part of a high performing team.
- Work with your development lead, other developers, product managers, QA, and operation teams to develop solutions that meet the service requirements and deliver good performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Estimate your development efforts, plan implementations, and rollout system changes within an agile/lean environment.
- Meet realistic implementation schedules and adhere to development goals and principles.
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts.
- Will partake in an on-call rotation.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
- 2+ years’ experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, fault-tolerant applications for the Internet.
- Must have experience or interest in developing highly available services.
- You have strong Java skills. Knowing Go or willing to learn it is needed.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Prefer experience with REST, JSON, Linux, Elastic Search and Git.
- High expectations in own work and deliveries.
- High commitment and engagement.
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: