Product Designer GrowthAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0029847 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Product Designer – Growth
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
eBay Classified Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun. We look forward to hearing from you.
We believe that data is the voice of the customer. Through customer research and continuous experimentation, we make sure the customer is involved in building the best classifieds experience in the world. We’ve organized around the key stages of the customer, where every journey team is a matrix team consisting of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers and marketers.
You will be part of a new Growth Team for our Global Buy/Sell Marketplace. This is a fast-paced team that will be responsible for optimizing the customer funnel – acquisition, activation, and retention growth rates. The individuals on this team are highly motivated to create new channels and optimize features that drive user activation and engagement with our Autos marketplace. This team’s core capability will be data-driven rapid experimentation to identify winners that ultimately increase our drive Auto buyers to connect with Sellers.
As a Product Designer - Growth, you will work closely with product, marketing, data analysts, and engineering to help grow an active user base. You will help guide new buyers / sellers through our funnel (onboarding, activation), and also help make sure these users stick around. You enjoy experimentation and leveraging data as a great tool to learn, grow, and guide understanding, also knowing it is not the be-all-end-all. You focus on shipping fast, not perfect, and iterating along the way. Key responsibilities include:
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, engineering, analytics and other business partners to arrive at the best possible designs
- Design features that test/ship quickly and with high quality
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity interactions and visuals for your features
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction, specifically for growth initiatives
- “Hands-on” design experience for online commerce or C2C online community
- Experience designing and/or optimizing user funnel or conversion flows
- 5+ years working member within lean or agile product development team
- Ability to use and interpret user behavioral data (working with data & analytics teams) to influence designs
- 2+ years hands-on experience with “rapid UX research” methods
- 2+ years hands-on experience with “rapid usability testing” frameworks and tooling
- Inspiring portfolios that demonstrate creativity and are easy to navigate
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Expressing ideas through prototyping and code
- Creative thinking and real passion for design
- Proficient understanding of front web development a plus (i.e. web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, etc)
- BA/BS with at minimum 5-7 years of post-university work experience
eBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer. eBay does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and business need
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: