Product Manager Marketing TechnologyAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0027864
Product Manager, Marketing Technology
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by building a world where people share more and waste less. We have ten brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than, 1000 cities around the world.
eBay classifieds group is embarking on a journey to build out its global marketing technology platform serving its portfolio of global brands. We are looking for a global marketing technologist that is one-part IT geek and one-part integrated marketing expert. You are a hybrid professional to straddles the fence between both our worlds. The rise of technology has shifted the focus of traditional Marketing Managers to include the embrace of new digital disruptors. You will serve as a crucial link between eBay Classifieds local marketing and global technology teams. The ability to liaison within our marketing functions and then translate that marketing vision to a technology implementation to deliver on marketing objectives. This has one primary goal: to marry the marketing function with the technology that delivers it.
In this role you will be equally comfortable discussing the taxonomy of our websites, the click-through rates of a the latest PPC campaign, or marketing trends impacting both. In this role you understand the traditional marketing disciplines including:
- Search engine optimization / Website optimization
- Customer segmentation / Social Media
- Paid search / Paid Media
- Email marketing / Lead generation
- Database management
In addition, you understand not only the practical applications of the marketing craft but the technology we now use to make it happen. You have a general expertise with a wide variety of marketing software, including:
- Customer relationship management platforms
- Experience management software
- Customer data management platforms
- Content management platforms
- Marketing campaign measurement software
- Mobile tracking software
You know how to capitalize on data and technology to fulfill organizational goals. You’re able to gather the business requirements and build a business case to justify a particular piece of marketing software.
You understand the valuable potential of automation to streamline the functions of both sales and marketing teams. Understand how systems could interconnect to integrate data between platforms, although you don’t need to be able to write the code to make that happen. Your work cross all digital channels to improve business performance. Some typical responsibilities could include:
- Serving as super-user and product evangelist for a variety of digital tools
- Identify, architect, manage, and optimize marketing technologies to enable achievement of global and local business objectives
- Manage the marketing technology stack including selecting partners, platforms, and solutions; integrating them into existing systems and processes; and providing support for their use by the Digital team
- Translate business vision into systems strategies by driving the architecture, design and implementation of our next generation digital environment including platform enhancements and marketing solutions
- Lead solution evaluations with appropriate stakeholders to define business and functional requirements to ensure tools and systems effectively enable Marketing operations teams
- Change management, including implementation of new marketing technology rollouts
- Potentially overseeing training of marketing software and user adoption
- Lead user acceptance testing while correcting any issues that arise
- Oversee data security and product enhancement
- Relationship management with internal technology users and vendors
- Optimizing technology investments
- Working closely with global capabilities IT developers
- Develop strong internal relationships with all levels of management to evangelize digital solutions
- Hand-off new capabilities and marketing touch point technology to ensure successful mainstreaming and optimization for marketing performance
What we expect from you:
You will work closely with global and local cross-functional teams. You will work smoothly under pressure, with communication that should be equally effective with IT, marketing, and sales. You’re a collaborator and a team player, bridging gaps between departments that are admittedly sometimes just not speaking the same language. You are the interpreter between these sometimes-disparate departments that can connect all the dots between the frontend user experience and the marketing and IT teams that control their UI. You have the following traits:
- Full stack communicator / Creativity / Adaptability /
- Organizational skills / Emotional intelligence
- Strong leadership traits / Consensus builder and collaborator
- Innovative visionary / Passionate technologist
- Savvy salesperson
- You’ve an undergraduate degree in computer science and a graduate degree in marketing or business.
What you can expect from us:
- A harmonious, informal, international and playful work environment;
- Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer facing products;
- Access to tools and resources to do your job;
- Ability to join multiple internal interest groups in eBay in trending topics like Data Science, Mobile Development, Customer Experience and more.
What we offer:
Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally.
A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Recruiting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: