Program Manager for eBay ClassifiedsAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0020790 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
eCG is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
As the Program Manager for the Advertising Center of Excellence (COE), you will develop and implement the program management operating rhythms of the newly established COE designed to define and steer eCGs advertising initiatives across 11 different geographically dispersed business units (BUs). This is an exciting role where you will be responsible for leading all program/ projects and strategic investments designed to grow eCG’s advertising offering across the portfolio. Projects will involve multiple functions, various BUs and multiple geographies so your ability to work collaboratively across teams will be of benefit.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead overall program management for eCG Global Advertising COE and corresponding project team.
- Prioritize and define scope to meet target initiative needs in a timely manner given available resources.
- Create and execute against the project plan, proactively mitigating risks, and managing the development and release life cycles from inception to launch and post production support.
- Assume responsibility and drive ownership for issue resolution. Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the progress of the program.
- Job Requirements:
- Establish operating and reporting rhythms and deliverables for your program, including creation of weekly program status materials, monthly executive briefings, and ad-hoc program or project-specific updates.
- Partner effectively with COE team, product managers, engineering managers and business analysts to define critical inputs and deliverables into your recurring program status, and manage those inputs and deliverables on an on-going basis.
- Work cross-functionally to manage project constraints or bottlenecks, provide appropriate escalation, anticipate and make delivery trade-offs, balance the business requirements versus technical constraints, and maximize the business benefit from your product while building great customer experiences.
- Identify, track and manage project issues, risks and action items.
Success will be measured on:
- Delivering programs and projects on time and on budget
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- PMI certification or equivalent
- Strong experience in program management in a technical/internet/ecommerce organization
- Proven track record of successfully launching multi-dependent technology products and services with geographically distributed teams
- Experience gained in a multinational organization, preferably an internet business
- Ability to manage multiple medium/large projects simultaneously in a multi-national matrixed organization ensuring projects remain on schedule
- Highly organized and proficient at keeping stakeholders informed
- Adept at communicating program goals and inspiring team members into action
- Fluent at task definition and delegation to team members
- Comfortable communicating complex programs to both experts and novices.
- Demonstrate broad understanding of a large internet/e-commerce business to include familiarity with UX design, product development and release processes for web & apps, A/B testing frameworks, regulatory considerations, etc
- The role will require frequent short stay international travel, equating to ~25% of time
View our accessibility infoR0020790