Support & Release ManagerAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0028524 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Support & Release manager
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We are currently seeking a hands on Support Team and Release Manager to join our team in Amsterdam. This is an exciting opportunity for a systems professional looking to gain first-hand experience across the fast-growing Global online classifieds space.
In this role you will be responsible for managing our support team and implementing release processes through development, test, and production environments. Working together with varying disciplines to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, testing, deploying, and updating software and environments. We build our SalesForce, financial and other Catalyst systems using Agile development processes.
You lead and coach a distributed global support team that takes pride in a delivering a premium customer experience to our global customers. You will also be responsible for release management, from customer communication to reliable roll-outs as well as the definition of the direction for release management tools to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in.
Role and Responsibilities: In your manager role, it is you and your team on the front line of delivering an exceptional customer experience. Job responsibilities include:
· Managing and coaching your team as a mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for your direct reports, building credibility and trust within your team.
· Advocating for customers and defining ways to continually add value to the customer experience.
· Managing and communicating about customer escalations for your team, ensuring the right processes are in place to optimize support without getting in the way of progress.
· Plan, coordinate and communicate releases and content based on sprint deliveries, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
· Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
· Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
· Building out a 24/7 support model
· Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Minimum of 3 years managing technical support professionals and managing releases, Salesforce.com preferred.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical support role.
· Hands on knowledge of Jenkins and Git
· Formal training in project management practices preferred
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
· Aptitude for negotiating firmly but fairly, demonstrating the ability to hold the line but also to be flexible.
We pride ourselves in having a diverse workplace where each employee is expected to treat others with dignity, courtesy and respect.
eBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: We hire, promote and compensate our employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to age, race, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or veteran status, condition of pregnancy, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace.
“We recognize and respect everyone as an unique individual.”
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: