Collections Data Engineer/AnalystAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0013002 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Collections Data Engineer/Analyst reporting to the Manager of Global Collections Analytics at eBay, will analyze data from multiple sources, build statistical models, develop queries, and construct visualizations to support our efforts to reduce bad debt, improve recovery and lower collection expense globally.
In this role, the Analyst will:
- Drive insights into customers, processes and products to drive improvements in collections and reducing bad debt for eBay
- Perform exploratory data analysis to develop hypotheses for causes of bad debt
- Develop SQL and SAS queries to extract data for analysis and model construction
- Design eye-catching visualizations in Tableau and build supporting calculations
- Build database tables and schemas to support the collection of data for analytics
- Develop SQL code for ETL projects
- Support Collections KPI metrics and build out self-serve reporting that will strengthen decision quality through meaningful data
- Demonstrate the ability to work in ambiguity using experience and proven theory knowledge
- Partner w/ other cross functional teams with in eBay to leverage best practice, share data analysis and establish business case
- Provide cross-functional, data-driven recommendations for lowering bad debt while remaining aligned with other team goals
The ideal candidate must work well in a fast paced environment, learn quickly and possess extensive analytic experience. Must demonstrate the ability to breakdown processes, look for immediate opportunities, and understand how data is collected through various user workflows. The candidate should possess excellent written/verbal communication skills, be well organized, have an eye for detail and quality, and possess strong technically skills. This candidate should be able to manage multiple projects at the same time. Other requirements include:
- Analytics experience in Tech or Financial Industries
- Proficient in SAS/SQL
- Experience developing Tableau dashboards with a deep understanding of associated data architecture trade-offs
- +5 years’ analytics/database experience
- +5 years Software development, software testing, or process improvement experience preferred
- Experience working with groups remotely and multiple cultures
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Tableau, SQL, SAS, Teradata, and Unix commands
- Ability to think from the perspective multiple user and employee personas
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.